Also looking at a Realize Band but a question for you guys/gals ?

Omar1879
on 9/1/09 2:11 am, edited 9/1/09 2:13 am - IL
Hi everyone,

I was looking for some feedback from anyone with a high BMI that has went the band route. I personally am up at 60 and a little leary about whether or not I will be able to get down to my personal goal weight 220lbs with the band. I am currently 386lbs so we are looking at about 166lbs of total weight loss. I am realist so losing 166lbs with any surgery will require a lot of diet, exerice and hardwork.  I also know that it varies greatly from person to person (ie diet and exercise) but I guess I was just trying to find some success stories. I am still a little bummed out that my insurance wouldn't cover a VSG surgery but I am determined to get this going.

edit: I ran across this link that gave me a bunch of information but always looking for personal experiences. www.obesityhelp.com/forums/realize-band/realize-band-faq.htm l

Kim U.
on 9/1/09 3:45 am
There are a lot of people on this site that have lost 200+lbs with a band. Check out the lap band board and Bette B's profile she is full of info for you too!
199 here I come! 

Omar1879
on 9/1/09 3:47 am - IL
Awesome, thx you

wildheart63
on 9/1/09 4:31 am - IL
hey omar
   dr joyce did my surgery and may i say that you have chosen the best guy to do your surgery. he is the best in my eyes.
anyway there are a few guys in my group who have had alot of weight to lose and they have done it. talk to the coordinator in the office (you should know who she is) (i didn;t want to say her name) anyway she maybe can put you in touch with a few of the guys and gals who have had the journey somewhat equal to yours.
glad your here
good luck to you
lori

Tom C.
on 9/1/09 5:17 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Long story short .. in 19 months I have lost close to 180 pounds with the Realize band. Still loosing. Maybe it has slowed to a pound a week, but I will take it (or lose it).

Feel free to PM me if you want more info/details/true poop :D !!

Good luck on your journey. Know we're here for you !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Ashley A.
on 9/1/09 7:13 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
Hi, I was banded on 12/1/08..my bmi at the time of surgery was 63.9...I weighed 454 lbs. I have lost 100 lbs so far 9 months post op. I have about another 150 to lose to get to goal but I know I can get there with the band it may just take longer than another surgery possibly may have taken. I hope everything works out. I'm sorry that your insurance doesn't cover vsg..Good Luck! 

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Tooty
on 9/1/09 11:21 pm - Germantown, TN
I spoke with a girl yesterday who weighed 350 at time of surgery.  She lost over 150 pounds in a year.  So, it definitely can be done....good luck!
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Most Active