Grams of Protein

Southern-Belle
on 8/30/09 6:49 am
How do you convert grams of protein powder to oz's?  I am to have 20 grams of protein twice a day and one 15 grams.  I have no idea of how much powder to use. 
Rachel S.
on 8/30/09 7:04 am - Montclair, NJ
Protein is normally measured in grams. Look on the label and see how many grams of protein are in 1 serving. And, then put that in how ever many ounce's of water, milk, etc you choose, such as 8 ounces of milk with 1serving of protein (the grams differ, but probably around 20 gms of protein in 1 serving).

Hope this helps!

Southern-Belle
on 8/30/09 9:43 am
One serving is 62 grams.  I have to break it down intol 20 and 15 grams.  Just not sure how to do that.  Thanks for your info, though.
Rachel S.
on 8/30/09 11:28 am - Montclair, NJ
How many fluid ounces are you mixing the 62 grams of protein in?

Tom C.
on 8/30/09 9:28 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Most protein powder will say 1 scoop = X grams of Protein. That's ONLY for the scoop. What you mix it with will also add to protein. (Ex. 1 scoop of Protein has 25 grams of protein + 8 ounces of skim-milk has 7 grams of protein - so that 1 8 ounce drink has a total of 32 grams of protein ).

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active