3 oz of lean protein question

Dejewels
on 8/29/09 11:47 am - Andrew, IA
So im learning to eat and cook all over again.. So im making mini turkey meatloafs if i can figure out the following.... 

Is it 3 oz of meat before or after cooking?  Trying to figure out if i make them slightly bigger due to shrinkage or do i measure them out first.

Thanks for any help
A better day is a smile away

kathkeb
on 8/29/09 2:44 pm
I measure out 3 ounces after it is cooked.  Years of Weigh****chers taught me that! 

When I make meatballs, i start with about 1.2 ounces or 1.7 ounces each -- and then they come out to be 1 or 1.5 ounces each.
Kath

hhnewell
on 8/30/09 8:17 am
do you have a good recipe you;d like to pass on!?!?!
Hope

Tom C.
on 8/30/09 9:41 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
If you use the seach feature above and type in meatballs; meatloaf; any food you want - you can usually find some good recipes.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Dejewels
on 8/31/09 2:35 am - Andrew, IA
1 pound turkey (93% lean)
1 egg
splash of fat free milk
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 tsp thyme or to your preferences
1/4 1/2 Tsp Rubbed Sage

Spray a muffin tin with olive oil spray,  fill with 1/2 cup of mixture and Bake in a 350 oven

I got 6 but some were at 3.25 or 3.5 ounces after baking.  Still experimenting but my daughter who doesnt like turkey even said it was good
A better day is a smile away

Most Active