Rice?

MisssBrown
on 8/30/09 12:12 pm
I've been doing some more research this weekend and have read several things about rice being bad because it can stretch the pouch.  Is this true?

Are there certain foods that are a no-no even if you can eat them? As in they are bad for the pouch, etc?  I know that carbonated things are bad but I hadn't heard the rice thing..
Tom C.
on 8/30/09 9:39 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I've eaten rice. While there are times the granular are too clumpy they cause a blockage and then .... well ... Mount Saint Helen time ... I have never heard about rice "stretching" the pouch. Maybe if you constantly over fill it, it would - but I don't think just eating rice would do it. If so, that would be one of those BIG NO NO !! like carbonated drinks are.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Bubble S.
on 9/1/09 5:39 am
Hi,
I am still pretty new and I am following my Dr's orders.  The Dr and the NUT told me NO bread, pasta, rice for 6 months as it sits in the pouch and swells up and can cause blockage and discomfort.

After the 2 small stuck episodes due to me eating too fast I am not game to try any of these foods for the 6 months.

Denise
 Remember, if you want to be a 155 pound person, you have to EAT like one. 
  View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

zparticle
on 9/1/09 12:47 pm
I didn't eat any rice for about 6 months.  I recently started again because I really love sushi.  I haven't had any issues with it.  You just need to eat slowly and pay attention to what your body is telling you.
MisssBrown
on 9/1/09 1:08 pm
Thanks for all the advice..

I had an adjustment on Monday so I'm on liquid for 36 hours then advance daily through each stage until I'm back to solid foods.

I have eaten rice but I don't eat it as a staple.  I'm going to give the nut at the office a call and see what her suggestions are.

Most Active