Psych Eval today

Considering_It
on 8/28/09 1:44 am
Wonder if I'll pass. LOL
I have no idea what to expect.
daisy560
on 8/28/09 2:11 am - NE
You'll do fine! 

It's basically just a bunch of questions determining if you understand what the surgery is, what it entails, whether you have support in this journey, that you aren't doing it for the wrong reasons, sizes up whether you are addicted to food or have problems with addictions in general, currently depressed, blah blah blah. 

Mine was a breeze.

Good Luck!
- Patti
True Change comes from within. 

Tom C.
on 8/28/09 2:36 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Don't freak out .. err ... I mean don't go nuts .. errr ... I mean don't go postal .. .ewwwwww .. ok .. RELAX !!

Don't be too surprised if they ask you the same questions 8 different ways. They just need to make sure (1) Why you are doing this (2) you know EXACTLY what your in for (3) that you realize it's a tool and you WILL NEED TO MAKE PERSONAL CHANGES !!

Good luck ... and let me know if you need the answers to the test ;D !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Considering_It
on 8/28/09 7:45 am, edited 8/28/09 7:49 am
I passed! I passed!
I thought sitting in the waiting room was my psych test....it was eccentric/bizzare/creepy and I was sure that was the test.    I thought about leaving.  The actual interview  & testing was fine, and I'm glad it's over and done with.

Tooty
on 9/2/09 10:53 pm - Germantown, TN
On August 28, 2009 at 9:36 AM Pacific Time, tcasola wrote:

Don't freak out .. err ... I mean don't go nuts .. errr ... I mean don't go postal .. .ewwwwww .. ok .. RELAX !!

Don't be too surprised if they ask you the same questions 8 different ways. They just need to make sure (1) Why you are doing this (2) you know EXACTLY what your in for (3) that you realize it's a tool and you WILL NEED TO MAKE PERSONAL CHANGES !!

Good luck ... and let me know if you need the answers to the test ;D !!

LOL...that's so funny (last sentence)......
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Considering_It
on 8/28/09 7:48 am, edited 8/28/09 8:02 am
Thanks!  I read your post before I left for my eval, and it made me feel a little more confident about going. 

One thing I was grateful for was knowing as much as I do about WLS and what to expect, mainly from being on this site.  I don't know what people do if they just go for it on a whim...I suppose they don't get passed.
Most Active