Nutritionist Recommendation in Union County

lillybell68
on 8/25/09 6:04 am
I need a referral to a dietician who works with bariatric surgery patients in the Union County area. Thanks!
Liza
Considering_It
on 8/26/09 12:20 am
Hi Liza-
I read about your experience on another WLS board.  Have you seen Carla in Dr. Nussbaum's Office?  I'm preop, and am seeing her monthly.  I was advised that there is no charge for my visits w/ her, and this practice is out of network for my benefits.  I did have to pay out of pocket w/ Dr. N for the initial consult.

I've met w/ Carla  2x so far, and have found her to be very supportive, encouraging and informative.   I leave there with things to think about, and I felt like it was time well spent.  It is easily an hour each way for me  to get there, but I feel that it's worth the time it takes to get to Livingston to meet with her.  I could just see my primary locally to fulfill my 6 month insurance wait, however, I believe that I'm better off working w/ the NUT on the food issues and choices.

I didn't feel judged or demeaned in anyway, which has been my experience overall w/ the medical community (w/ the exception of a very few professionals).

Best Wishes
Most Active