surgery date August 25th

Considering_It
on 8/27/09 3:19 am
On August 27, 2009 at 9:38 AM Pacific Time, Rachel S. wrote:
No, I absolutely don't believe I received different care than anyone else. I had even read posts on the wall before surgery from patients about their nurses, and some of them were my nurses, as well. It was all positive.

I contacted a number I found on the internet with St. Barnabas regarding bariatric surgery. She emailed me a website with all the doctor's names, their credentials and experience - and from that I chose Dr. Nusbaum. And, I am so happy that I made that choice. He and his staff are beyond excellent.

You can contact your insurance company now to inquire about insurance coverages for hospitals. You don't have to wait till your 6 months are up.

I was told he only does surgery at St. Barnbas once a month, so that day gets booked really quick with St. Barnabas employees.

Good to know about the 1x a month at St. B's.  Can St. B employees use any Bariatrician they want and any hospital they want?  I think it's a good sign that they are using him as their surgeon.

I will contact my insurance and see where I'm covered. Thanks for the suggestion :)
Rachel S.
on 8/27/09 2:40 am - Montclair, NJ
LIsa M.
on 8/29/09 10:14 am - Manahawkin, NJ
Being 4 days post surgery now I feel alot better then I was feeling just feeling really drained today.  Anyone else feel that way a few days after?    the gas pain has diminished a great deal.  Still have a bit of soreness but nothing I didnt expect and so excited about the new start to my life.  I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.   I hope everyone who has gone thru the surgery is doing well and moving along well with the pain and liquid diet.
Rachel S.
on 8/29/09 10:21 am - Montclair, NJ
I'm 11 days post-op and feel great and yes, I  still had alot of fatigue 4-5 days post-op. It gets better everyday and and I too would do it all over in a heartbeat! 

LIsa M.
on 8/29/09 10:29 am - Manahawkin, NJ
rachel,

Your a nurse now being almost 2 weeks post-op do you feel that you could have go back to work?  I have to go back 8 days post op that is if I get cleared?  Also, congrats on your weight loss so far and keep up the good work. 
Rachel S.
on 8/29/09 10:45 am - Montclair, NJ
8 Days Post-Op I had to go to a class (I'm back in school). I felt great, so I could have went back to work...except sitting for prolong periods of time seemed to make my stomach start feeling sore again.

I go back to work Tuesday which will be 14 days post-op. I'm sure I'll do fine, I'm just hoping it's not a super busy day, I haven't told but 2 co-workers of my surgery, so no one really knows. I also hope they aren't eating alot and bringing in alot of food, since I"ll still be on soft foods, LOL....

LIsa M.
on 8/29/09 10:49 am - Manahawkin, NJ
good luck on going back to work... I work as a nurse also and hope its not busy when I go back thursday :)  I think I'll be ready and I'm same way I hope people aren't ordering out and stuff but if they do I'll have my full liquids with me lol
Rachel S.
on 8/29/09 10:56 am - Montclair, NJ
Yeah, we'll have our liquids with us, LOL...good luck on your 1st day back. I'm a labor & delivery nurse and I'll pray we will both have a great day back to work

I'll let you know how I do on Tuesday back to work!

LIsa M.
on 8/29/09 10:59 am - Manahawkin, NJ
thank you :)  I work in pediatrics
Most Active