surgery date August 25th

LIsa M.
on 8/22/09 12:16 pm - Manahawkin, NJ
I am due to get the band tuesday which I'm excited to start a new life change.... 

Any suggestions or things I should look out for afterward.  how did everyone do with clear liquid pre-op.  My dr only requires clear liquids the day before but I've been doing it since friday because people tell me its better to start earlier then the day before.

Also, any suggestions for a vegetarian on a clear lquid, i don't eat jello either.
dolphin13glass
on 8/22/09 10:58 pm - Thurmont, MD
Well, good luck on Tuesday. It will be difficult being a vegitarian on a liquid diet, just because there are not as many choices to choose from. I would suggest lots of different flavors of crystal light.

My surgery was soooo easy. My recovery only took about 4 days and I was back to normal. I just slept a lot, not much pain at all. Will your surgery be outpatient? I had to stay overnight and got wayyyy bored, so if you are staying, take a crossword puzzel or something to work on, lol. '

Good luck to you and welcome to the loosers bench:)
Considering_It
on 8/23/09 8:20 am
Good luck :)  What surgeon and hospital are you using?
LIsa M.
on 8/23/09 11:11 am, edited 8/23/09 11:11 am - Manahawkin, NJ
i am using dr nusbaum and going to st barnabas medical center.... thank you for the good luck wishes... it is same day surgery thank god lol i know id get bored
Considering_It
on 8/23/09 11:28 am

I plan on using the same surgeon and hospital...I hope that you'll share you your experience (good or bad, but hoping it's all good) .  So far, I've been pleased w/ how I've been treated, and I really like his NUT.

LIsa M.
on 8/23/09 11:57 am - Manahawkin, NJ
i will def let you know how it goes... :)
newlifeat40
on 8/24/09 2:49 am - NY
Best of luck to you!  The first three days were the hardest for me, but I also had a hernia repaired - it seemed that most people bounced back better than I did.    I'm so happy that I did it - just take it easy and do what they tell you to do - definitely start walking - it'll feel better when you do!

Keep us posted!!!  
frcmac
on 8/24/09 5:17 am - Abilene, TX
Good Luck on your surgery.  Knorr make a vegetable broth that is ok..  Also try the Special K Protein Water the iced tea and mixed berry are good and it gives you a little protein.

LIsa M.
on 8/26/09 10:00 am - Manahawkin, NJ
thank you everyone for the well wishes.... one day post op ive been very sore but walking and deaaling with it.  Last night I vomitted about 3 times thru the night even with taking Zofran but I think it was from the anthesia.  Today no vomitting just alitte nauseous.  my one incision looks atlittle more reddened then the others is that normal?  Did anyone else experience that? 
Rachel S.
on 8/26/09 1:25 pm - Montclair, NJ
Hi Lisa:

I'm 8 days post-op, same surgeon as you, but at Morristown. The incision in the middle of the lower 3 incisions for me was slightly more irritated and reddened than the others, too. It's the one the port is closest to. I contributed it to my jeans rubbing up against it, irritating it. It's fine, now...Good luck on your recovery :)
Most Active