Did anybody's port move?

newlifeat40
on 8/23/09 2:31 am - NY
Hi everybody,

I've been lurking for awhile  - I had the band done on 6/30, down about 20 lbs... Had my first fill 3 weeks ago.  Anywhoo, a couple of days ago, I noticed that I didn't feel the port by the incision any more.  I knew where it was because of the fill.  I started noticing a lump about 1 1/2 - 2 inches above the incision.  It doesn't hurt, but it's definitely not something that was there a week ago.

I spoke with one of the surgeons from the practice last night.  He said the ports can move  and that I'd have to go back to the hospital to have it fixed.  Did this happen to any of you - anybody know why it happens?  I am supposed to get my 2nd fill on 8/31 - I have been so excited to get the 2nd fill - and now I'm thinking this is going to throw a big wrench into it.  I've been walking about 2 miles almost every day - throwing a little jogging in here and there, but nothing too crazy.

I love reading the posts and hope to be much more active on the board!

Thanks!
Kristen

Carolen
on 8/24/09 2:04 pm - Cincinnati, OH
My port often looks and feels like it moves, sometimes by up to three inches or so.  I wouldn't worry too much until you are seen by your doctor and they tell you it is actually detached. 

wildheart63
on 8/26/09 4:28 am - IL
they don't move literaly....it is because you lose weight and things shift......it will seem to move but not really...it is anchored in place and it it the muscle that is moving because you are gettin skinny!
good for you!
lori

wendybburke
on 8/29/09 6:22 pm
My big port problem is and I'm not sure if you have this problem to as I have spoke to many of the other OHers who are women and are very large chested is once you start losing the weight and feeling good inside and out and you need a little lift up top and when you buy new bra's especially cute ones with underwires it can really dig into the rib cage and sterum which is right above where my port is placed.  Like one bra was so new that I kept wear ing it and  I actually thought I was having gall bladder attacks went throught he whole battery of tests and not a thing was wrong with the gall bladder the doctor and I determined it was me just making an attempt at feeling really cute on the inside of my clothes. WHich after a few weeks I got over the discomfort and now it's like weraing any other bra. I know some people who have the port placed on the side near the ribs and it can be a bit sore lumpy and touchy from getting used to doing things like lying on it.
Good luck sweetie 
Most Active