restriction - FINALLY!!

sillygirl18
on 8/20/09 3:18 am
I had my 4th fill at the surgeon's office yesterday.  I'm now up to 9 cc in 11 cc band.  I felt just fine after.  I drank water all the way home.  I had some soup and a little mashed potatoes last night.  Good good.  I could tell I was feeling full quickly. :)

Today I had 1/4 c of cheerios with skim milk.  Felt fine.  Full.  Had a coffee mid morning.  Then for lunch I microwaved a lean cuisine.  I ate 1/2 and currently feel sick.  Full - sick.  Little bit mouth watering and some nausea.  Did I just over-do?  My doctor has a rule to drink liquids right after the fill but the next day I can have a normal diet. 

In your experiences should I back off a little - mushy foods?  Or do you think I might be too tight?  I don't want to have ill effects.  But I am doing a little happy dance that restriction has finally arrived!!!

Thanks for your advice
Sara
crystal M.
on 8/20/09 6:16 am - Joliet, IL

I just wanted to say that I'm happy to hear about your restriction.  I have 7.8 ccs in my 11 cc band and I go for my 4th fill on 9-4 and I am so hoping for restriction or that wonderful sweet spot everyone talks about.  I'm trying to be patient but it's so hard. 

Mel is losing it
on 8/20/09 8:56 am - Lakeport, CA
Hi, I'm at 7ccs after two fills and go for my third on 9-2. I had good restriction for about a week after the second fill and now I'm back to almost normal.  Did you have similar experiences with your fills?

Melissa 11cc Realize Band

Experienced a leak in my port, and had no restriction for over 9 months. Had leak repair surgery on 1/31/11 and am back on my journey again! :)

Mel is losing it
on 8/20/09 8:58 am - Lakeport, CA
Mel is losing it
on 8/20/09 8:59 am - Lakeport, CA
I think it is better to stay on the mushy food for a day or so....I pushed it after my last fill and I got a sick a couple times. Better to be safe than sorry! I doubt you're too tight, I'm sure it will relax a little bit and hopefully you will be at your sweet spot. Congrats to you! I hope to be there soon! :)

Melissa 11cc Realize Band

Experienced a leak in my port, and had no restriction for over 9 months. Had leak repair surgery on 1/31/11 and am back on my journey again! :)

sunshine86
on 8/20/09 9:30 am
Yay for restriction!!! I would definitely take it easy for a couple of days. I've only had two fills so far, but both time I felt like total crap for a day or two while my body adjusted.

HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

Beastly
on 8/20/09 10:13 am
I've had three fills and am currently at 7.2cc. I can relate to the mouth watering feeling. That's the worst. It's basically my trigger that tells me I took one bite too many. I was away in New Orleans last weekend and called myself trying to devour some hot wings from rally burger... I nornally don't step outside of my new comfort zone at all but the occasional excursion leaves me a little adventurous. I almost threw that up after having two wings and dealing with that uncomfy feeling for 10 minutes. The band definitely works and thank goodness I have it...

crystal M.
on 8/20/09 10:51 am - Joliet, IL
I always feel nice and tight for the first week or two and then I'm wide open again.  I am hoping for restriction that lasts more than two weeks.  Sometimes I catch myself thinking that maybe this wasn't a good idea and should have gotten the RNY.  But I have to remind myself that this has work for thousands of people.
sillygirl18
on 8/20/09 11:13 am
A big thank you to all.  I thought I would never get restriction.  I had RNY and it failed leaving me wide and I mean W-I-D-E open.  So when I wasn't getting restriction I got scared too.  Restriction is THE best ever.  You just feel full and food doesn't enter your mind when you have that full feeling.  I'm hoping that it won't go away.  Logically it makes sense to tighten a band and leave only a small stomach.  The trick is getting the band to the right restriction so you feel it but aren't sick from it.  I probably have a higher tolerance as I had RNY and I know a very small pouch feeling. 

I had dinner tonight and I ate about 1/3 of what I normally eat.  Granted I wanted a snack tonight after mowing the lawn.  But a couple of bites and I'm happy.  THAT is the secret to weight loss!  Now I have to remind myself to eat good things - and not junk.  Junk will ruin it for me.  Plus I walk at least 3 miles per day.  Gotta be healthy!  LOL

I wish you all good luck in finding your sweet spot very very soon.
Sara
James M.
on 8/20/09 12:13 pm - SAGINAW, MN
I have 7cc in my 11cc band and I do have restriction but I dont have that satisfied fullness, I either get stuck usually after a couple bites or I can slide down a whole plate of food and if I slow down after that first feeling of stuckness it often goes away and I can then just keep eating no feeling of full pouch.
Im hoping that as I get more fills that fullness will come.Does that sound familiar to anyone?
MARTY

Most Active