How do you tell if you have stretched your pouch?

Darrin D.
on 8/17/09 12:53 pm - GA
I think I have stretched out my pouch, but I cant really tell.  How do you know and, if so, how do you fix it? 

I had my WLS on August 26 last year, for 6 or 8 months everything was good, I lost about 60lbs and was pretty happy about it.   After that I kinda lost control of things and am eating WAY to much.  AND....the weight has started to come back.

Any ideas on how to tell if I have done irreperable damage?

2nd Fill 2.5cc's for a total of 6cc in a 10cc Realize Band
kathkeb
on 8/17/09 1:03 pm
You need to get back to your doctor.
I think the only real way to determine this is with a Barium Swallow or UGI test.

The 'pouch' you think you may have stretched is most likely a dilated esophogus.
If that is the case, you will probably have to be unfilled, and take some anti-inflammatory meds and see if it will shrink back down.

Then, they will slowly refill you.

Either way, if you have been off track for several months, you need to get back and see your doctor and get a professional opinion.

Good luck!
Kath

wildheart63
on 8/18/09 4:27 am - IL
you can try the cottage cheese test...take a half cup or a cup of cottage cheese(i like it from deans w/pineapple) and eat it if you are full you'll know it is ok....but i would go under flouro and see what is going on....just a thought on the testing....
lori

dancingbutterfly08
on 8/18/09 11:36 am - TX
I am kinda not sure about this too? Somedays I feel restriction then other days I seem to eat anything I want?
Little confused. I have lost 54 lbs I am 6 mo. out but no loss the last month I have 6 cc in 10cc band. Unsure of sweet spot????
wildheart63
on 8/19/09 1:53 am - IL
i have 8 cc in my 9 cc realize band and i have perfect resrtiction.....i can eat about a cup of food...mostly less then that ...but i feel full really fast with the right foods, (protein) veggies...ect....
try the cottage cheese test this is really how you can see how much your pouch will really hold when you feel full.
doctor recomended
good luck
lori

Most Active