Having some pain - advice?

missfrost
on 8/16/09 2:56 am
Hi, everyone. Last Saturday, I left for vacation with my family and came back yesterday. A couple of days ago, I started experiencing little bouts of pain in my abdominal area. The feeling was quick, sporatic sensations on my left side, between my navel and one of my incisions (I'm 3 weeks post-op). Yesterday, the pain became more frequent and a little more prominent. I would hold my side in to try and alleviate some of it. I was afraid that maybe I wasn't getting enough water, so I sipped on some 16 ounce bottles on the 8-hour car ride home, but it didn't seem to help. This morning, the pain is much worse and a little more frequent; it gets much worse when I move certain ways and now holding the area and applying pressure makes the pain incredibly worse. I have tried calling my surgeon's office, but it would seem that they are out on the weekends and the answering service directs me to a voicemail. I haven't left a message yet. I just figured that I would call back tomorrow.

The pain isn't near my port or really even on any incision, but it is around two (the one on the side and the one above my navel). Has anyone experienced anything like this before? And do you think I should continue trying to reach my surgeon or perhaps my primary care doctor? Thanks for any help!
_Lisa
on 8/16/09 3:23 am - Lexington, KY
Hey girl!  You should call the hospital...1-502-868-1100 and press 0 for the operator.  They can page whomever is on call for the bariatric center.  :)  The instructions are in our packet they gave us in our education class, its the blue packet labeled "Going Home After Laparascopic Adjustable Gastric Band Surgery".  If you're feeling more pain you should definitely call soon-I wouldn't wait until tomorrow-Dr. Sonnanstine would want to know as soon as possible.  Take care!
Most Active