Surgery date confirmed

melslongjourney
on 8/10/09 2:11 am, edited 8/10/09 2:16 am
I am so looking forward to joining your losers bench :)

So I just hung up with Ruth not 10 minutes ago and I am on the calendar for Dec 2, 2009 8am. (It's farther out because of work obligations)That's the date my life is going to really change. I have been unsure about the getting the band over the RYN as alot of folks that come here are. I am still a little unsure at this point. I need to lose 120lbs and I feel that surgical intervention is the way I just need to make sure that I am making the right choice the first time. Any advise?

~Melissa~
SW/326 CW/224 GW/175
~ 4cc added in 11cc realize- C band~ 02/08/10~
~1 cc added 03/08/10
~1 cc added 05/03/10
~ 1cc added 07/26/10
~ .05 cc added 09/09/10
~ .05 cc added 01/06/11
~ .25 cc added 06/06/11

Mary B.
on 8/10/09 5:57 am - Southern, MD
Congratulations on setting your date! You must be so excited...and nervous.

Only you can know if you are making the right decision.

For me, I was tired of the fight (little did I think I would still have to fight so much!). I was tired of always trying and not getting anywhere. I chose the band because I was too afraid of making such drastic internaly physical changes. YES, I do wish I could lose as fast as the other surgeries, but I feel this is right for me.

You have been to the boards and you know you can achieve your goal with the band. But, you will have to work with your tool....Yep, I tell myself that all the time.

Good luck to you! Im sure you will do fantastic. Im slacking, thats why my loss is so slow...but I KNOW it can be done.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

daisy560
on 8/10/09 9:41 am - NE
Yay!  I am happy that you made a decision!  It looks like Christmas is coming early for you this year.

Best advice is to get the rules and start practicing them now some of them can be really tough, like not drinking with meals.  But I am getting used to it... FINALLY!

- Patti
True Change comes from within. 

MissRachel
on 8/10/09 6:03 pm

That is good news!  And now that you know the surgery day it starts pushing you to the final decision:  RNY or Realize Band.  As it gets closer, you'll know.  I really think you will wake up one day and just KNOW.  Like I did!  After a few sleepless nights thinking "am I doing the right thing" when I was scheduled for my RNY - I had to answer myself with a big no.  I was less than 2 weeks from my surgery day and I switched to the band because I was so freaked out about RNY.  Like my bariatric nurse told me - it's not too late to change your mind until you're asleep on that table.  You'll know before then, though.  But that's just me - my decision was based on medical history (mine and family's), PCP advice, and long-term concerns that some people might not have.  You will know what's right for you before December.  

I agree with Patti - start making some of the changes now.  It helped me a lot.  The no beverage with meals is not easy.  And eating breakfast - I had to make myself drink a protein shake while getting ready in the morning.  Not easy!  Now I'm "reprogammed" - it's just what I do.

Anyways - I'm happy for you!  Having a date and working toward it is a great feeling.  Keep me posted!
Rachel

kenyatta87
on 8/13/09 1:45 am

I didnt want the RNY either because its such a drastic change and I would go from a beach ball to a golf ball in a matter of months lololol and jus didnt want that.  I have seen several women who had the RNY and I didnt like the way they looked.  I opted for the band because it still gives me some flexibility and I will look still my beautiful self....Jus pray and He will lead ur thoughts....

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step  Lao-tzu
Most Active