help please

Farmgirl58
on 8/9/09 10:38 am - AL
Hi, yes it will get better, first thing is though, you have to WALK< WALK< WALK< that will eleviate the bloating and the gas....also try to drink water, crystal light, do not use a straw, do not drink carbonated beverages as these things will put air into your little pouch, and cause distension (gas).  I have to say, my first few days was sort of uncomfortable, didnt' have much of an appetite, but forced myself to drink plenty of water...no I didn't get in the 64 oz the doctors want you to drink, but try to do the best you can.  Also if he or she gave you any pain meds, take them to make yourself feel comfortable, don't wait until you are in pain...follow the directions on your medicine bottle. I only took medicine for maybe two days...after than I did just fine.  I made myself move around, even if it was just walk outdoors around the house.  Hang in there, you will be fine.  Farmgirl58
waterflowers2009
on 8/9/09 5:38 pm, edited 8/9/09 5:38 pm
Hope you are doing better.  I had mine on July 22nd, but was lucky only had a few "gassy" moments.
It will get better, and I send you 'warm wishes" and "hugs" too!  Hang in there!  You are doing great!
I hope tomorrow you feel better.

Sunshine Girl

Mary B.
on 8/9/09 10:51 pm - Southern, MD
Definately walk, walk and walk some more. I paced around in circles down my hallway and around the kitchen!  On my 2nd day home, I started feeling really bad like I was getting the flu. I got myself up to take my temp, get some more to drink and hit the potty. I noticed I started feeling better just from walking, so I did my 'paces' and felt SO much better.

Yes, I had a hard time drinking and getting anything in the first week. I was lucky to get down 1/2 Atkins shake in an hour and half, but it will get better. I was excited cause It would take me 30 minutes to eat half a sugar free pudding cup. then I would throw out the other half! LOL but, unfortunately banster hell kicks in and kicks your butt! LOL 

Have you tried a warm drink like tea? How about sugar free hot chocolate made with milk for protein? I find warm drinks settle my pouch especially after having something a little stuck.

Congrats on your surgery and Im sure you'll be up and running soon!!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

bella127
on 8/10/09 2:57 am - uncasville, CT
REALIZE Band on 08/05/09 with
hello thanks i was just so freaked out that day i needed some engorgement..i am doing much better i have been walking the whole time. what is bandster hell????   thanks to everyone this really is a great way to get support..
wildheart63
on 8/10/09 4:14 am - IL
it gets much better!
your gonna be fine!
slow slow slow
congrats and welcome to the losers bench
lori

Mary B.
on 8/10/09 5:51 am - Southern, MD
 Bandster Hell

Is the time between healing after surgery and restriction. When you first have your surgery (1 day - 2weeks, depends on the person) you are not hungry and cant eat very much because you just had surgery.

Once you heal, your appetite does come back and you are able to eat (at least I was) just about as much as you could before surgery. The surgery does not take your cravings away. You will be hungry and you will have to diet on your own.

Then you will start getting fills .Many doctors will do fills every 4 weeks. check with your doctor to see when you can start getting fills. Also, you may have to wait 6 weeks depending on your doctor for your first fill.

I have had 4 fills and one unfill. I could still use another fill. How agressive your doctor is with fills depends on your doctor. This is the hardest part of the journey. I like to look at it as...I had my tool installed, now I have to wait for it to gradually be turned on.

Good luck to you. Feel free to ask any questions. Hopefully I described Bandster Hell well for you. Im sure someone else will chime in.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Most Active