help please

bella127
on 8/7/09 8:00 am - uncasville, CT
REALIZE Band on 08/05/09 with
hello i just had the realize band put in wed. the 5th.. please tell me it gets better i feel terrible..nausues..some pain gas ect. i can barely get any water down Popsicles have been OK..i just feel sick sick sick... i guess i just want you guys to tell me it will get better..lol.. or any suggestions... thanks
daisy560
on 8/7/09 8:58 am - NE
I promise you it gets better *hugs* .  I really didn't take in much after surgery for the first couple days either.  But you have to make sure you're getting enough water and try really really hard to get your protein requirements.  Your body will need it to heal. 

Be sure you are trying to walk around, it helps with the gas they used to inflate your stomach during surgery.  If you are having intestinal gas, have someone pick you up some of those gas-x strips. 

Just hang in there and get lots of sleep.  The first week after surgery I felt noticibly better after every good night's sleep :) 

- Patti
True Change comes from within. 

SukieSookie
on 8/7/09 9:40 am
I had my Realize band put in the same day as you. I'm still experiencing a lot of gas pain but slightly less then yesterday. Yesterday I felt nauseaous all day but again today that's a lot less. Are you feeling any better? If you want to vent to someone who's right there with you drop me a msg!
Hugs

bella127
on 8/7/09 11:00 am - uncasville, CT
thanks i still feel crappy..i can start protein tomorrow..i hope i tolerate it..i am just so nauseous but i do feel better then yesterday and i know it will get better each day..i just hate being sick..lol.. i guess we will be feeling it alot more now..lol..oh well i am in for the long haul.. thanks guys i am sure i will be posting more..look forward to our journey..
skelly
on 8/7/09 2:02 pm - Garland, TX
REALIZE Band on 05/04/09 with
I was really queasy after surgery.  Even threw up late that evening after I came home.  My doctor prescribed the behind the ear patches before surgery for nausea, but I had taken it off when I got home because it was making me groggy and dry mouthed.  After I got sick, my doctor made sure I put one on again.

It will definately get better.  Keep taking really small and frequent sips of water.  Move around and follow all doctor's orders.  Hang in there.

BahamaMami16
on 8/8/09 5:50 am - Wilmington, DE
Revision on 01/17/18
Quick question.....with the gas pain does Gas-X help?  I purchased a pack of the kind that is the strips.  I got spearmint praying that it doesn't make me sick.
P.s. I hope you feel better soon.  Good Luck!
Keisha
HW~242, SW~226, CW~225, GW~146
Living my life like it's Golden!!

frcmac
on 8/8/09 6:27 am - Abilene, TX
why the strips can we not take mylanta or someother liquid gas medicine

bella127
on 8/8/09 7:06 am - uncasville, CT

well i was just told about them so i trusted that..but now being on the other side i cant imagine putting anything else in my stomach the strips just dissolve..you want to save any of the space in your stomach for water and other good stuff for you...ugghh

Catina
on 8/9/09 7:35 am
Yes, Gas-X helps a lot. I had some problems with being bloated due to gas.
Catina       
bella127
on 8/8/09 7:02 am - uncasville, CT
i defenetly think the gas-x strips help not a cure all but for sure help.. i was told about them before so i had them ready to go.. i feel way better today thanks for the support..
Most Active