Fill Question

sarahjameve
on 8/7/09 6:24 am - Columbus, OH

I am seeing that people are posting I am at 7 cc in a 10 cc band. What happens when you are at 10 in a 10 cc band?

Sarah Jam Eve RNY March 6th 2003 BOB September 14th 2009 

daisy560
on 8/7/09 7:10 am - NE
No more soup for you! 

Truly, that is all the band can hold and usually once it's at that point your stoma is so small that you will for sure have restriction.  If you don't have restriction with your band full, you could have a placement problem. 

Most likely when you have surgery you'll get the realize-c band (their newest) and it will have 13 cc capability. 

Over time some of the saline will turn to a gas and escape the band, which is one of the reasons why you have to go it for maintanence fills a couple times a year once you've found your sweet spot. 
- Patti
True Change comes from within. 

SukieSookie
on 8/7/09 9:41 am
I just got mine and mine's only a 11cc limit..I wonder why I didn't get the 13 cc one?

Rachel S.
on 8/28/09 9:08 am - Montclair, NJ
I just got mine too, and it's the 11cc rather than 13cc. I guess we got the 11cc leftovers, LOL...

kathkeb
on 8/7/09 9:47 am
Did you get to look at (and touch) a band before it went in?

If so, you can see that it cannot be filled to a 'closed position'.

A 10cc band can actually hold more than 10cc.  Even then, there is a good-sized hole in the middle of the band.

it is unlikely that you would need it filled to 10cc -- and less likely that you would need it filled over that -- remember, your stomach is in there, too.
Kath

jennitho21
on 8/9/09 4:57 am - Fort Huachuca, AZ
I asked my doctor that very question and he said that he has Never had to fill a band all the way.
  SW-276/CW-182/GW-150
tjjbsmom
on 8/28/09 8:50 am - NJ
I was wondering that also. What happens when lets ay your band is filled to a 8 and you are 1 year out. What happens 5 years from then? if you get to your goal weight at 8cc's do you have restriction forever? I hope this makes sense.
Tom C.
on 8/28/09 11:22 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
When it comes to a fill - the maximum capacityy is the limit. However, the band can be a little overfilled - but not much. Plus (truth be told) over time some saline does escape so it can be over-filled again.

But not matter what size your band is, they all close to the same diameter. So it will take more fluid for a 13cc band to close the same as a 11cc band.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active