allergy causing regurg?

tinabug2
on 8/9/09 7:19 am

I have been having frequent regurgitation with a lot of mucous this week with only a bite of food that was soft, I was told by the on-call nurse that she had been getting frequent calls about this lately that was caused by allergies and the drainage it causes.  I had no idea this could be such a problem but she informs me that removal of saline can sometimes be needed.  She advises that warm liquids will help and to take an over the counter allergy relief med such as benadryl,zyrtec,etc..  I usually avoid taking them because I have a low tolerance and they usually put me out like a light.  Just wondering if others have this problem?  I would have thought the mucous would have drained on through the stoma but apparently it just causes a plug especially when mixed with the food ingested.  Anyone else have this problem and what did you do to help it out?

janice A.
on 8/9/09 6:42 pm - san angelo, TX
Allergies are like a lil pest. I have allergies even before the band. It hasnt caused me much trouble but then again i take meds daily. Benadryl will make u sleepy. Try talking to ur local pharmacist ask him to tell u which over the counter allergy meds will be less likely to cause you to feel sleepy.  I did notice that i wake up somedays feeling very congested and I dont even try to eat. I take  warm tea, and try to have my breakfast later.

Hope you feel better.

Janice

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

Most Active