2wks postop

kimg1969
on 8/6/09 11:36 am
Revision on 09/05/12
im upset because i only lost 9lbs in 2wks. is this normal???
Kim U.
on 8/6/09 12:09 pm
I only lost 8 and gained back 4 now
199 here I come! 

janice A.
on 8/6/09 12:22 pm - san angelo, TX
Keep in mind you have not had any restriction yet. The surgery simply implanted the band. After your healing time then they will fill a lil at a time and slowly u will get restriction. We all loose at differnt rates.  You cannot compare your success against someone elses.  Keep following your doctors orders. You will get where your going.

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

Mary B.
on 8/6/09 11:24 pm - Southern, MD
Ditto what TX4roses said!

This is just your surgery weight loss. Ive seen many posters not lose THAT much. Take your 9lbs and run with it! After all average weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week (not my average, Im slower) Youre way over that now.

like I said enjoy the loss you have because until you get restriction,  you'll have to work for it.

Congratulations on your surgery and your loss!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

daisy560
on 8/7/09 7:15 am - NE
OMG!  I'd kill for 9lbs in two weeks! 

After surgery I lost 10lbs really quick, now I am moving at a snails pace, even though I am eating only 800-1000 calories a day.  Weightloss with the band is nothing like RNY or DS, which makes it super hard to read the other boards :P 

Congrats on your 9!  that's awesome!
- Patti
True Change comes from within. 

PSJ71
on 8/7/09 5:41 pm - Blanchard, OK
Kimg,

Yes! I know how upset you are, because I did the eXACT same thing. I had my surgery on 07/07 and have been stuck at exactly a 9-pound weight loss. Well, I just started soft foods this week, and I am FINALLY down 2 more pounds! So, it will start back up again. I think one reason I wasn't losing is I didn't have a cycle last month and finally started this week. So, maybe that could have been it. I dunno, but I know how you feel. I was so happy to finally lose 2 pounds, though.

Good luck to you!
  Starting WT:  275   Surgery Wt:  248.8   Current Wt: 202.5 Goal:  140

Kim U.
on 8/8/09 4:08 pm
I lost my gained weight and and an extra pound! I finally moved on to pureed food and after thinking about it I was only "eating" food 3xs a day and one protein shake with milk. So i added another meal and sure enough the weight came back off. For me at least I think my body must have gone into that starve mode even though I wasn't hungry, I still wasn't getting enough calories. I was however getting 40-50 grams of protein which is what my NUT said was very good for only being on liquids so I wasn't really thinking about calories.
199 here I come! 

Farmgirl58
on 8/9/09 10:46 am - AL
  Cool, that is fabulous...did you have the realize band?  You are going to lose slower than someone who had gastric bypass.  That is only three pounds less than I loss the first two weeks before surgery.  The doctors don't want you to lose too fast, as your mind and body need time to catch up with what you are losing.  Also you need to concentrate on eating properly, the amounts and types of food.  Be sure you are not taking in too much carbs, like sugary drinks, desserts, etc. that will slow your weight loss down...also are you getting any kind of excercise?
Walking is the best to help lose weight. 
You will not lose every week, some weeks you are going to lose inches, which is great.  Be sure to get plenty of protien...such as protien powder drinks, chicken, fish.  Lay off the fried foods, as that will cause you to slow down.  You can do it...if I can do it, I know anyone can.  Again, 9 pounds in two weeks is fabulous..that is about 4.5 lbs a week.  Most folks don't lose that much in a month on a normal diet.  Remember the band is a tool to help us eat the right amount of food.  Do not be discouranged, don't be so hard on yourself...you are a great person!
 Farmgirl58
kimg1969
on 8/15/09 8:22 am
Revision on 09/05/12
Hi everyone! I'm having bouts of vomiting after eating some foods. I bring up all of what I eat some days. What's wrong?
Catina
on 8/17/09 8:34 am, edited 8/17/09 8:34 am
That happens sometimes. I had my surgery in May and some foods that I  use to be able to eat no longer agrees with my stomach. Such as strawberries or you might be eating too fast.  Make sure that you let your physician know.

Good luck
Catina       
Most Active