I am so sad

doreen513
on 8/6/09 4:21 pm - PA
I am so sad because I had my surgery on Feb 17 of this year and I am only down 22 pounds.  I have had so much stress and am on an emotional roller coaster that I am actually giving up on me. I do not have time to think about me and I just do not know what to do.  My daughter dropped my two grand kids off April 6 and now she wants them back with her but this is their home now and they do not want to go back with her.  We started custody proceedings but it could take awhile.  I just do not know what to do and like I said, I give up!!! I guess I am supposed to be the way I am for a reason.  God made me like this so here I am. 
Thanks for listening!
  Doreen

polly_w15
on 8/6/09 8:36 pm - Jacksonville, FL

Do not let life situations affect your Weight Loss Journey. You have made  the step and had the surgery. Dont let anyhting or anyone ruin it for you. Do what you have to do legally for the children's sake. They deserve stability.

What you can do is pray that the Lord's will be done in the situation. God is in control. It may not seem like it in the natural, but he is there. So be happy. This is the day the Lord has made and we will rejoice in it. Do not give up. You can nt give up. Just relax, and stay calm. Things are going to work out in your favor.
skelly
on 8/6/09 10:26 pm - Garland, TX
REALIZE Band on 05/04/09 with
Let's think about it Doreen.  Where do you think your weight would be today if you didn't have your band?  With all the stress you have had, don't you think you would have gained weight?

You aren't going to give up on your grandkids, so why are you saying you are giving up on yourself?  Be proud of losing four pounds a month. That will be 50 pounds in a year!  Under the cir****tances, that is remarkable.  

doreen513
on 8/6/09 10:41 pm - PA
Thank You so much, both of you!  I never really looked at it that way.  Yes, I guess I would have gained weight, as I always did.  I am lucky to be able to take care of my grand kid, that I know and I hope to get stronger thru this all.  My husband's nephew is getting married tomorrow, 8/8 and I got a dress 2 months ago to wear.  I bought it too small and it still is too small.  I guess that is what put me down.  But I cannot go to the wedding any way, no kids are aloud, so why should I let a dress get me down.  Thank you for the kind words and I will carry them with me.
God is by my side each and every step of the way.  That I do believe!!!!

Doreen

Mary B.
on 8/6/09 11:20 pm - Southern, MD
Doreen,
Dont let some silly dress get you down!! I bought lots of clothes online when I was recovering from surgery...most of them still dont fit! LOL but they WILL.

Im sure with all the stress you are under, I would have GAINED weight! Keep pushing forward and keep your chin up.

I hope things get settled for you soon.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

doreen513
on 8/6/09 11:55 pm - PA
Thank You!  Yes, I guess a dress should be the least of my worries, LOL. (I paid alot for it)  I WILL wear it to our Christmas party in Dec, if it is not too big!  Gosh, I hope I can keep up this attitude.  The doctor says I am on track but I know I can do better but with things so hectic, it is not easy.
thanks again for your kind words.
Doreen

Most Active