Scale problems and other questions...X

farleyskat
on 8/6/09 3:21 am - St. Helen, MI

I had my second fill yesterday, and according to the doctor's scale, I've gained five pounds since the last fill. I don't believe I have any restriction yet. I can't wait to feel what that's like. I now have 6 cc's in an 11 cc Realize band. But I have a problem with my scale at home. Right before I went to see my surgeon, I weighed myself. The scale said 376, but when I got to the doc's office, their scale said 382. So as soon as I got home I weighed myself again on my scale. This time it said 380. I weighed myself on and off all night last night, and my weight on the scale varied between 374 and 385. This is a new digital scale. I bought it in May right after my banding surgery. It said it was accurate up to 400 pounds, but maybe it's not. I wonder if I'll have to lose more weight before I start getting accurate readings. Has anybody else really high in weight had problems getting a good weight reading? (By the way, I was using my Mom as a test against me, and her weight said 158 each time she weighed on it)

I also am trying really hard to turn my bad habits around. One thing I've been thinking about is only eating when I'm hungry, although it seems I'm hungry all the time. Sometimes at work I have to take my lunch break even if I'm not hungry. So I thought if I'm not hungry during my break I would use it as an opportunity to shop or run errands instead of eating just because it's a certain time of the day. And I know we're supposed to eat breakfast, but I was thinking that if I'm not hungry, why eat? Sometimes it seems when I eat breakfast when I'm not hungry, that it makes me hungrier. I was going to ask the NUT about this yesterday, but I didn't get an opportunity to talk to her. I've been getting all my protein requirements through food, so I'm not doing shakes anymore since they never satisfy my hunger at all (being liquid, duh). Any thoughts?

Kat

Most Active