how do you know?

Tanis
on 8/5/09 7:23 am
Ok how do you know how big your new pouch is?

right now I'm going through all kinds of weird feelings and stuff it's hard to identify what is hunger pains and what is pains due to swelling caused by the surgery, I'm sure things will level out and get back to normal but I'm at the point to where I don't want to eat or drink nothing at all is this common and should I force myself to eat and drink?
daisy560
on 8/5/09 7:51 am - NE
So you have to figure you're pouch is about 1/2 a cup right now. 

For the first couple weeks it was really hard distinguishing hunger from gas, heartburn, swelling, or fullness.  Your body just have to reprogram itself to recognize and react to the new feelings. 

I put myself on a schedule and measured my  food so I wasn't eating too much / not enough.  Same thing with liquids, you have to measure to make sure you get enough, the last thing you want is to get dehydrated.  If you really aren't hungry or the idea of food makes you sick,  I wouldn't force yourself to eat.   But you HAVE to drink. 

Congrats on the surgery and welcome to the losers bench!
- Patti
True Change comes from within. 

Tanis
on 8/5/09 8:11 am
Thanks Daisy for the prompt reply I will work on the liquids and hope things get better with time.

I definitely have to say that the day after the hospital was my best day it was like I never had the surgery but today my body on the inside is letting me know that I did. don't get me wrong I can get up and move and bend no problem it's just the pouch that is driving me crazy with all these weird feelings and gurgling noises with small amounts of pressure when ever I eat or drink anything.
daisy560
on 8/5/09 12:26 pm - NE
OMG i hated the gurgles so much!   It shouldn't last for long! 
- Patti
True Change comes from within. 

Most Active