STARVING 4days post op HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

dmstear
on 8/4/09 4:26 am
Good to know, thank you. And by the way- CONGRATS on your success, only 6lbs to go. Awesome
topaz11
on 8/4/09 12:04 am
topaz11
on 8/4/09 12:12 am
I am 8 days post op an also have experienced this issue.  This is what has helped me.  Adding a little protein to even my puddings yogurt and coffee seems to satisfy.  When the need to crunch gets strong I chew on a popsicle or crushed ice mixed with isopure and crystal light.  Chew yr calcium at night. it helps with sleep.
James M.
on 8/4/09 10:20 am - SAGINAW, MN
At 4 days your stomach still has some swelling as the swelling goes down unfortunately  your hunger goes up.
This period between getting your fills and getting some restriction and your surgery is aptly named
"Bandster Hell" and hell it is.
You may also look forward to some diaphram pain, this is a real treat I thought I was having a heart attack.
Just remember it does get better

P.S. NORMAL, NORMAL,NORMAL
MARTY

dmstear
on 8/4/09 9:54 pm
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why didnt they warn me about this.
wendiwoo
on 8/4/09 1:46 pm
 Holy Cow, the diaphragm pain. At least I'm not losing my mind. I'm 6 days post op. The pain is much better today but the last two days I kept thinking what have I done! I am just starting with feeling hunger pains again. I've had a cold post op so I'm guessing that's been a good thing. After being on just broth and protein shakes for a week, this week hasn't been as bad since I can have creamed soup and yogurt. But, I am ready for some real stuff!
over50woman1
on 8/4/09 9:51 pm
Thanks everyone for the info.  Had my pre-op appt with my Doc and Nut. In the process with all the Doc appts.  This is all good to know what I may experience!

Margie

Most Active