Kinda embarrasing-Bad Breath

waterflowers2009
on 8/2/09 3:07 am
I am in Stage 2 and experiencing bad breath.

My nurse said tic tacs ok, no gum.

I brush so many times & use mouth wash.

Has anyone experienced this and were you able to mask it at all?

Thanks!!
daisy560
on 8/2/09 4:19 am - NE
You are probably eating mostly protein and few carbs which means your body is probably in a state of ketosis.  This isn't a bad thing, it makes for some rapid weight loss.  Simply put, ketosis forces your body to convert fat into energy, instead of using the steady supply of carbs it was used to.    

The down side, it can make your breath and urine smell TERRIBLE due to the change in  your body's pH levels. 

Drink lots of water, use non-alchohol based mouth wash (because it dries out your mouth and can hinder saliva production), and have sugar free mints on hand.  The more varied your diet becomes and more veggies and fruit to your diet it should help. 

- Patti
True Change comes from within. 

waterflowers2009
on 8/2/09 5:21 am
Thanks Patti!
I will check out my mouth wash, didn't know about the dry out effect.

Hope you have a good Sunday! and thanks so much for all your advice!!
gthompkins
on 8/2/09 5:02 am
I am experiencing the same thing.  I brush as often as I can as well. I carry  breath mints and  spray as well.  I can't wait to add veges in hopes that it will change the situation.  Going back to work in 2 weeks and I hope I can mask it this way.
Its_Me_Mark
on 8/25/09 6:09 am
Invest in a toungue scraper ($3.00). It reduces bad breath causing germs and residue 80% better than mouthwashes or gum, which usually just mask the odor and dont actually get rid of it.

Add a toungue scraper to your morning teeth brushing routine and you'll feel confident about your breath all day long.

1st apply mouthwash, spit, but do not rinse.
2nd brush as usual, and include tounge to loosen germs.
3rd, Scrape tounge, rinse, repeat.

This routine was given to me by a dentist.

Regards,
Mark
Daily Suppliments
26g Whey Protien w/ 1% Milk (Twice a day)
1 Centrum Chewable Multi
1 CoQ10 50mg Soft Gel
8 Bottles of water

Most Active