Belly Bands?

SukieSookie
on 8/1/09 11:02 am

Has anyone heard of one before? I was talking to a woman who had a Realize Band last year and she told me that her doc had given her one to wear around her port site to ease pain/insure that the port heals in place. Any idea where I can get one if my doc doesn't give me one? He has never mentioned one before.
Thanks so much!

Sukie

Mary B.
on 8/2/09 2:02 am, edited 8/2/09 2:02 am - Southern, MD
Im guessing that is some kind of binding garment? I had asked my dr about one before surgery, and he said it wasnt necessary.

It may have helped though. My dr office gave me a teddy bear to hug. It was kinda flat and harder than a regular stuffed animal. That helped alot. I couldnt have imagined getting up and down or even walking the halls at the hospital without it.

My only thought would be if it would interfere with the bandages maybe? I guess it depends on how your incisions will be closed. I had steri strips with bandages over them.

It cant hurt to ask your doctor about his/her thoughts.

edited to add: I think my local Rite Aid has them. You could also try Walgreens. I know when a friend of mine had BA, she used a pair of panty hose and cut the crotch and legs off and just used the elastic part that goes around the stomach.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Most Active