Calories per day?-Newbie here.

waterflowers2009
on 7/29/09 5:19 pm
so, I have been feeling hungry a whole lot more.
I am working on ways to get more protein and to help myself.
but was wondering is there a general range of calories to stay within.
Maybe it is me, but I do not see any drastic weight reduction.
My operation was 7/22/09.  I am at 216 down 7 pounds since that date.

Thanks for all your tips and advice!!
grandbaychick
on 7/30/09 5:01 am - Grand Bay, AL
I was never really given a range to be between but what I see out of most lapband/realize band posters are around 1000-1200 cals.  I would ask your doctor or dietician just in case though if you really need to know a range to go by.
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t… You’re right.?  - Henry Ford
Height-5'10 Heaviest-335 Weight at surgery-315 Goal 199 

MissRachel
on 7/30/09 5:29 pm
My surgeon gives banders and RNYers the same diet guidelines.  For the first 6 months we're given a range of 600-800 calories a day and need to get 60-80g of protein and 30-40g of carbs per day.  But I've seen so many different ranges depending on the surgeons - I agree, call your surgeon and see what is recommended.  I was told to expect a loss of 1 to 2 lbs per week.  I think your 7 lbs sounds really good for the first week!  Congrats!

meganm
on 7/31/09 2:36 pm - monroe, WA
Dear Waterflower,
You are doing great. 7lbs in 9 days! I hope you are not getting frustrated, because you really are doing good. You are hungry because you are not eating real food yet... or at least I hope not. I started solid foods 14 days after surgery.  When you start eating solid foods and get some more fluid in your band, you'll stop feeling so hungry.
I eat about 200 calories for breakfast, 300 calories for lunch, and 300-350 calories for dinner. Most days I eat a 150 calorie snack. That's about 1000 calories a day. I typically won't go over 1200.
I am sure yours will be in that general area. Just ask your doctor next time you go in.
Congrats on getting the band! Good Luck!

Megan
Most Active