Food Shopping Idea!

KelB2000
on 7/28/09 2:04 am
Hey, I decided to try a grocery store home delivery service called Peapod (through Stop and Shop). Shoprite and other food stores also have this CHEAP service. Basically you shop for your food online. Simply type in what you're looking for and it comes up, gives you choices and you add it to your cart. Then you pick a day and time for delivery and the refrigerated truck comes, with all of your food, brings it into you're kitchen, and you're done! Delivery is only $6, and they offer discounts on top of that if you can do a time window instead of specific delivery time. I ended up paying $3, and in turn avoidedvthe hassle of avoiding temptation and buying tons of things I don't need, (spending more money) waiting in line, carrying stuff to the car, then out of the car(I still can't lift anyway).....TOTALLY worth  it!!

I must say that in terms of the surgery, Peapod is giving me a convenient and more healthy way to shop....I make smarter decisions, save time, plan my meals, and save much more than the few dollars I spend on delivery because I don't graze the aisles picking out extra things I don't need. So, I'm wholeheartedly recommending it to any of you who might be interested! Hope I didn't sound too much like a Peapod commercial...just my honest 2 cents :)
MissRachel
on 7/28/09 3:04 pm
I'm going to look into something like this, too - what a GREAT idea!  Thanks for sharing this!

kenyatta87
on 8/8/09 7:17 pm
great idea!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step  Lao-tzu
Most Active