Strugglers

cfoxc
on 7/25/09 10:27 am
If you struggled for a long period of time (9-12 months) before finding success, please share your story, I need support and I already know the rules!!
kathkeb
on 7/25/09 12:13 pm
how often do you see your surgeon and nutritionist?
I would be camped on their doorstep if I had been struggling so long.

Do you journal your food?
Are you eating enough?  too much?
Are you eating SOLID protein, produce and fiber -- with occasional grains, sweets?
Are you drinking enough?
Are you exercising regularly?

Kath

mcneala
on 7/26/09 10:53 pm
I would also like to hear about successes after a long period of struggle.  I am 7 months out and still don't have good restriction.  The PA that does my fills says their policy is that they only do adjustments once per month, and they are very conservative (.5 to 1cc per fill).  I have 5.5cc in a 9cc band after 6 fills.  I follow the rules, but if dieting was easy for me, I wouldn't have needed the surgery in the first place.

Aren't there any "turtles" out there???  Maybe we need to try the lapband forum as well.

Amanda
Ramona M.
on 7/27/09 2:17 am - OK
Amanda,
How do I start? First, don't give up. I've not been on the boards for a long time. I was at a stand still for 10 months. I never gave up. The office had told me up front that I would probably only lose 1/2 my weight which I had done. Down 55 lbs. in 8 months.The doctor finally filled me from 6.3 to 7 cc's in a 9cc band. Restriction is finally here. Although in Dec. he said although I was 61 years old I needed to exercise more instead of being more restricted. With a bad knee I couldn't do that. I held on and stayed the same weight therefore he put more in. I have lost 6 more lbs. after all that time. I never had true restriction except in the morning. Now it is all day. I don't get the munchies & get full with very little food. Protein drink or yogurt in the morning then protein first the rest of the day. I get my water in with decaf unsweet tea. I never denied myself anything but  junk carbs. I had gotten to this weight before and had a stall going to Curves so I knew this plateau would take some time. I would see on the boards how little people ate and I knew that was too little for me to maintain. When I went to WW and had to cut my points I gave up from starvation. I'm 1.2 lbs. from Onerland. Hope this helps.
A True Turtle

cfoxc
on 7/27/09 3:15 am
Thanks for the support, this gets very discouraging and I need so badly to hear others with stories such as yours. I appreciate your response. I am not a big eater and know what to do, it is just that after going through the diet or lifestyle change way of eating for years, it is hard to get back on that bike again after falling off so many times. I thought that this procedure along with lifestyle change would help me to attain some success. I am getting adjusted again this week, pray for me!! Thanks!
Most Active