im sick

Rachel DiLo
on 7/25/09 2:26 pm
my throat is killing me and ive had a reallllly bad cough since monday. but i figured it would go away, plus i was seeing me surgeon on friday (the 24th) for a fill. i meant to ask him what i should take for me but i got so caught up in the fill i forgot to ask him anything at all. lol i know certain meds can cause ulcers and stuff....any suggestions on what i can take to get rid of this stupid cold? i can feel it inching up causing slight pain in my ear and im nooo mood for an ear ache. grazi!
*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

arielared
on 7/25/09 11:52 pm - Stamford, CT
When I get a cold or fever, I make a cup of tea from two types of immune builders--a tea bag of echinacea (or echinacea/goldenseal) plus a tea bag of pau d'arco.  You can get these at Mrs. Green's or Whole Foods.  I find these miraculous, but one of my co-workers says she gets diarrhea from echinacea.  I'd rather get a bout of the poops than be sick for hours.  The benefits of the teas last for about three to four hours, and then I make another cup of the same.  Let me know how this works for you.

I do hope that you feel better.

gthompkins
on 7/26/09 1:35 am
The tea bag solution sounds like it may work.  You have to rest, rest, rest and drink plenty of water.  I took SIngulair for years before surgery (July 13th) and have not taken any since.  I was wheezing and as you did, I forgot to tell my sugeon when I saw him the other day...I decided to bring a question list next time I go.....  SO I went to see my primary care dr.  who gave me an inhaler to use only as a rescue.  But I would talk to your primary care dr. and see what he says.

Another suggestion might be liquid  children's tylenol for colds.  I used the children's liquid tylenol for a headache I had a week ago and it worked.

I hope you feel better. 
Gay
kathkeb
on 7/26/09 5:51 am
my doc approves of all of the tylenol products

I like the Tylenol Sore Throat (nighttime formula helps you get some sleep)

Hope you feel better soon
Kath

BETTYXOXO
on 7/26/09 11:37 am - FULLERTON, CA
feel better; I take ZICAM swabs; gently wipe nostrils and it clears things up a lot faster;  ask about it...it doesnt go in stomach just nose.

Betty XOXO

Most Active