Realize mySUCCESS tool

daisy560
on 7/23/09 9:17 am - NE
I am curious how many out there are using the Realize mySUCCESS tool located @ realizeband.com? 

I don't think my surgeon uses it  - if he does he never mentioned it.  On all the commercials I see for the Realize band they use it as a selling point so I am curious how many are actually using it.  

- Patti
True Change comes from within. 

topaz11
on 7/23/09 10:10 am
My doctor did not mention it either until I asked about it. yesterday.  They gave me a log in code.  So I thought I may try to check it out this week-end when I have more time.
daisy560
on 7/23/09 10:58 am - NE
Cool, lemme know how it goes, I am curious.  I am kinda a dork so I like interactive tools like that.  
- Patti
True Change comes from within. 

janice A.
on 7/23/09 8:43 pm - san angelo, TX
I often wonder if they even look at the info. if he does then he should have called me by now to ask about my month long stall.... let me know if ur doc actually uses it ..

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

Paulette L.
on 7/23/09 10:16 pm
HI I started using it about 3 weeks ago. But I am not the poster child for using this type stuff. It is actually a really COOL web site. You can track your exercise, all your foods (like fit day and other meal tracking sites), and it has tips and tricks posted also. It has a place you measure your different body parts and it keeps track of home many inches and pounds your loosing (with a tracker just like other web sites). While it is really great I must admidt that I dont log in to track my food (I have 2 young kids and just takes too long to put in the meals). I know it is a great tool and I should be using it more. I think the best part about it is that my dr. office said that they can see anyone's info...so the nutritionist is able to look at your meals (if you log them in) and see what you have been doing (the good, the bad, and the ugly). So I think it holds you accountable to them (if y ou both use it). Anyway that is my 2cents. I think once my kids are back to school in the fall I will have more time to log on and type in the stuff I am eating. Hope this was helful.
Paulette :)

(start wt. 210, current 186, goal 150) Surgery Date: 6/10, Doctor Katz, PA

lorikru
on 7/24/09 12:32 am - Sammamish, WA
My surgeon's office mentioned the site during the orientation - but i don't know how proactively they use it.  I like many of the features there, but it could use some improvements.  The performance of the site is poor - it is VERY slow.  Their database of foods is pretty small, and I"m surprised by how many unhealthy things (mcdonalds and other fast food items) they have in there while a lot of the more healthy items that I chose eat I've had to add to my custom food section.  I like that feature, I'm just surprised at the ratio.

I'd also like them to add a few data points, like tracking the amount of fiber as well as the protein, cals and fat they track now. 

I use it daily though, and I like the graphs you can get, you can also print out your daily food journals and take them to your nutritionist for review.

wildheart63
on 7/24/09 2:33 am - IL
i use it ...it is a great tool for info and to keep track
your surgeons office has a code and also you should have been given a code on your surgery day or your discharge day. you need both codes to get into it.
lori

MissRachel
on 7/24/09 2:31 pm
I use it!  I started using it about 3 weeks prior to surgery.  It's very easy and very motivating.  The food tracker is similar to the Weigh****cher's site (if you've ever used that).  I recommend the site.  And the post-op info available is really good.

The Realize Band sales/support rep for TN came and spoke to the support group I belong to and gave a demo of the site.  She also gave us some great info about studies they have done as to how effective the tool is overall. Their studies showed that people who used the site at least once a week lost at least 10% more than people who didn't.  I believe that! 

My surgeon gives access to the pre-op portion of the site to all weight loss surgery patients - Realize Band, RNY, and gastric sleeve.  But the full post-op support site is only available to Realizers right now.  The rep said that they are in the process of making the site available to patients of any weight loss surgery method in the near future because so many surgeons and support groups have requested it.  I hope they don't change it too much.

Anyway - I love sites, too - I get all excited about online tools.  If you want to ask me any questions about the Realize site, just let me know!
Rachel

kirbylou
on 7/26/09 12:28 pm
I like the site -- I think they should have a message board though. 

Getting real on the doctor checking in on you, I would be kinda shocked if they took the time.  Those aren't billable hours.
hcantwell
on 7/26/09 2:19 pm - Trussville, AL
I am using realizemysuccess.com  It's a great tool.  It has all kind of features including a food diary, exercise diary, a place to track your progress and many other things.  I would recommend it.  You do have to get an access code that your surgeon should give you when you have your surgery.
Most Active