first fill

destinydog
on 7/23/09 9:17 am - hopatcong, NJ
well 90 days after my surgery i finally got my first fill.. It was no big deal, minor pain mostly from the anesthesia neddle. Dr. put 7 cc in my realize C band and it is feeling pretty good...

if ANYONE has any ?'s just ask.

daisy560
on 7/23/09 9:22 am - NE
Hi destinydog,

90 days, that seems like quite a while.  I have my first scheduled 5 weeks after surgery.  Was it really tough going that long?  Did you feel any restriction at all during the first three months? 

P.S.  Is that Billy Mays   I don't think anyone will ever compel me to buy a product the way he did.  RIP Billy Mays.  
- Patti
True Change comes from within. 

tgrar
on 7/23/09 9:30 am
I wonder why it took 90 days for your first fill and did you gain weight between surgery and fill? I personnaly have I have not weighed myself but my first fill will be 6 weeks post op.  
destinydog
on 7/23/09 10:31 am - hopatcong, NJ
the dr made me wait 90 days... sucked.. i didnt gain i actually lost over 50 pounds during the 90 days.. i have had little restriction for a while.. i just sucked it up....

the fill is very helpful though..

yeah thats Billy.. love that dude... gonna get that tattooed on me very soon....

Livewell
on 7/23/09 10:46 am - Chatham, NJ

Hi all,

I also had Dr. Abkin and had to wait 90 days.  It wasn't that bad and the time certainly helped me concentrate on changing my eating habits and getting exercise - I still lost about 40 lbs during that time even without a fill.  I think that the waiting period encourages us to not rely too heavily on the band, but rather ensuring that we do our part as well.  He is pretty aggressive with the fills thereafter, though, which I like as well.

Besides, by the time I had my first fill, I had already seen several individuals on this board who had had several fills and even unfills during that same time period.  And, they didn't necessarily lose a lot of weight by doing it this way . . .

As they say, each doc is different!

KelB2000
on 7/24/09 5:26 am
It's great to hear another success story from one of Dr. Abkin's patients, since I am one too! Congrats on being so close to your goal weight, you must be so excited and proud of yourself, and I hope to one day join you in reaching the finish line (though it's never really "finished" lol)
destinydog
on 7/23/09 8:30 pm - hopatcong, NJ
Abkin is the Man!

Most Active