How full before you had good restriction?

sillygirl18
on 7/21/09 1:43 am
I'm going in today for my third fill.  I'm currently at 5cc in my 10cc Realize C band.  I trust my doctor but its a pain to drive 2 hours to get a quick poke in the belly.  An even bigger pain to realize you don't have restriction and have to live on diet and exercise alone for yet another month. So- my question is - at what level did you get good restriction?   How full will my band be? I weigh 208 if weight makes any difference.
Thanks
Sara
formerwoolf
on 7/21/09 1:58 am
Sara,

I just had my third adjustment and am at 5cc.  I have to drive 3 hours to see my doctor, but it is worth it.  With this fill I am having a lot of restriction.  I weighed in at 205 at my visit last Thursday and am weighing in at 199 now.  I am able to eat very little without difficulty.  My guess is that with this fill you will start feeling good restriction.  Good luck!
Theresa
wildheart63
on 7/21/09 2:43 am, edited 7/21/09 2:44 am - IL
I HAVE HAD 4 FILLS   8CC IN MY 9CC  BAND....I HAVE GREAT RESTRICTION......IT'S A LEARNING CURVE AND EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT.....I HAVE NOT REALLY BEEN HUNGRY TOO MANY TIMES SINCE SURGERY.......BUT MORE BEFORE I HAD GOOD RESTRICTION.
YOU'LL FIND THAT SWEET SPOT.....IT;S THERE JUST TRY DRINKING MORE WATER.....BE CAREFULL TO BECAUSE A FILL CAN KICK IN RIGHT AWAY BUT FOR SOME IT CAN TAKE A FEW DAYS OR A WEEK.
GOOD LUCK
LORI

Jennyo35
on 7/21/09 7:59 pm

I'm at 7 cc and I have really good restriction almost thinking a little too tight but I'm going to wait and see what happens.   My surgeon fills very slowly and it has taken me 13 months to get here!!!  It has been a long haul!

A fill is such a strange thing.   There were times when I felt that I had no restriction and then it would pop up a week later, and then disappear after 6 weeks?  It's such a process but be patient.  You will get there.

Also the water makes a huge difference.  I think the more hydrated you are the tighter it is for some reason.

Jen

sillygirl18
on 7/21/09 11:19 pm
I went in yesterday and my surgeon joked with me - "I can make you so tight you can't swallow your own spit...is that what you want?!"  I had to admit no - but some restriction would be NICE!  He's a good guy so he put in 2cc.  I'm up to 7cc.  I think there might be some restriction now... not enough as I ate my normal breakfast of 2 eggs and a piece of toast no problem this morning. 

I'll up the water amount today and hope that helps.  Now I have to wait a month for my next fill.  I hope I'm not one of those strange people that have to be at 10cc to feel restriction in a 10 cc band.
wildheart63
on 7/21/09 11:41 pm - IL
sometimes a fill can take a few days to a week to kick in so you may not feel it right away.
just be carefull....
lori

sillygirl18
on 7/21/09 11:54 pm
Seriously?  Why would it take so long to "kick in"???
wildheart63
on 7/22/09 12:21 am - IL
because the stomach is a muscle and it reacts to alot of things at different times...stress is a big factor . there is an rn named sandy who is mostley on the lab band forum who can tell you why...i'll try and find her reasoning and post it here.
lori

wildheart63
on 7/22/09 12:27 am - IL

Catina
on 7/22/09 2:40 am
I wish that I could be of some help to you, but I haven't had 1 fill yet. I thought that was kinda of weird because my doctor stated that the weight is coming off and there is no need for a fill. I have my 3rd appt. tomorrow and I wonder if I will hear the samething.  I wish you luck
Catina       
Most Active