Post Op Diet

barregirl
on 7/26/09 10:43 am
I find it very interesting to see the differences between the doctors and the diets.  My doctor requires 1 week full liquid, then one week with small amounts of pureed veggies & cream soups in addition to the protein shakes.  On day 15 I progress to two weeks of soft foods like I can have well cooked veggies, and tuna, chicken, turkey, tofu, but slowly and carefully to see what I can tolerate.  On day 31 I can have pretty much anything.  Today I was at a baby shower and the food!  Oh my gosh the food they had...all kinds of delicious looking dishes.  At one point someone sort of cornered me with deviled eggs and said you have to try these! They were quarterd so I took the smallest one I could find and ate it very slowly, all the while worrying about what it might do to me.  I was worried!  Afraid that my healing stomach would be in trouble.  So I am a bit relieved so see this subject and hear that others have indeed eaten real food within 2 weeks of surgery. 

I am looking forward to real food, though.  I think I'll roast a chicken next weekend.  Mmmmmmm.
Barb

One Day at a Time.

Most Active