Realized on 7/10 - feeling GOOD!

MissRachel
on 7/13/09 9:56 am
I had my surgery on 7/10 and came home from the hospital 7/11.  It's been much easier than I thought it would be.  Not much pain.  Just trying to find the right position for when I drink liquids - didn't realize I don't sit up straight enough and was getting pain under my sternum.  But sit up straight and the pain goes away.  And the intestinal "grumblies" are getting better.  At first anything that went through my system made my insides grumble - it was funny actually.  But that's getting better.  Just still tired.

I'm just so glad to be on the other side of the surgery!  I was so worried that I'd be hurting, etc.  So far so good.  I feel like it's a good start to help me overcome the challenges that I'll run into down the road.  I'm thankful so far! 

knailnhair
on 7/14/09 1:13 am - Milford, NJ
Glad to hear everything is going well for you!!! Just take it one day at a time!!!! Enjoy the ride....

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

PSJ71
on 7/14/09 1:50 pm - Blanchard, OK
Congrats!! I know how you feel. I hardly had any pain at all at my incisions. I can't believe it was this easy. Except for the one night of being miserable because of gas in my tummy. But other than that I feel wonderful!! My appetite is back though.
  Starting WT:  275   Surgery Wt:  248.8   Current Wt: 202.5 Goal:  140

MissRachel
on 7/14/09 2:57 pm
Thanks for the replies and the encouragement!  I know what you mean - I was a little hungrier today than I have been.  I did the two week liquid diet prior to surgery so I'm kind of over the whole protein drink thing.  But it's also getting to be a habit and I have no cravings...so far.  We'll see how long that lasts, right? Hang in there - this is the worst part from what I've been told.  We came this far - we can do it!

PSJ71
on 7/14/09 3:05 pm - Blanchard, OK
LOL, yes I do believe we HAVE To be in the hardest part of this. I haven't had any cravings either, except when my hubby makes popcorn! lol I can cook for them all day long and it's okay, but when he pops that bag of popcorn, man! I had to change protein powders today. I was using Atkins shakes, but wow those get old fast!! I made a nice frozen shake tonight with my new powder and it tasted just LIKE an ice cream shake!

We can do it!
  Starting WT:  275   Surgery Wt:  248.8   Current Wt: 202.5 Goal:  140

Most Active