have restriction but no weight loss....

hart1222
on 7/13/09 12:53 am
i had surgery in nov 08, i have lost 40 lbs. i was having my band filled every month and for the past 2 month havent had to have any fills, im up to 8ccs, in the last couple weeks i have not lost any more weight.  i cant eat much at all but the weight is not coming off either.  is this happening to anyone else?
tbines401
on 7/13/09 3:10 am - Columbia, SC
yes but i was told to keep a food journal i am going to start using the realized website more often
wildheart63
on 7/13/09 4:36 am - IL
up your protien and water......no carbs!
try that!
i had an issue too but i now have 8cc in my band and i am losing again.
good luck
lori

Tooty
on 7/13/09 8:29 am - Germantown, TN
I'm in the same boat but I was banded on 3/31.  I started back with the basics today -
Protein Shake for Breakfast
Protein Bar or shake for Lunch
Something small for dinner...

I also ordered some protein bullets today to help me get all my protein in, I know I have not been getting in the required amounts. 

So, hopefully that will do the trick.  It is frustrating that I am not very far out and am already stalling...I guess I am one of the lucky ones...
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
janice A.
on 7/14/09 2:01 pm - san angelo, TX
Sorry, but i have to ask where did u order the protein bullets from?  i need more protein..
thanks..

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

janice A.
on 7/14/09 1:53 pm - san angelo, TX
I have good restriction, sometimes i think too good. I had some stresses going on and my band was acting bad, not letting eat. But now i am good if i try to eat more than i know i should it comes up. For nearly a month i was stalled but now i have bumped up my walking and am keeping a journal watching what i am eating. and Drinking my water so i dint feel swollen from one day to the next. Now the scale is moving again in the right direction. All this protein affects my digestive system so i take veg. based softener to keep me regular.
How often are u working out , walking, swimming or what ever ur doing ?

Stay strong and keep believing in yourself. You can do this.. It isn't easy but we can do this!!

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

conniec711
on 7/14/09 3:25 pm - Brooklyn, NY
My surgery is in the morning and I have to tell you that going through the procedure isn't what worries me...not just worried but terrified that I won't lose the 1-2 lbs a week that the surgeon states can be lost.

I am one of those people who need to eat to lose (its been like that with every diet I was ever on) maybe you are too.

Don't be discouraged...play around with the amount of protein and you will hit the amount that works for you.

Best of luck to you
Connie

Tooty
on 7/14/09 10:57 pm - Germantown, TN

I ordered the Protein Bullets from: www.SupplementsToGo.com
The total was like $38.00 for a case of 12.  I ordered the grape flavor.  I have tried the fruit punch from Wal-Mart.  They taste like cough syrup, so I decided to just do it like a real "shot".  I only took 1/2 at a time to break up the protein for the day.  After I took the "shot" I just swished water around in my mouth and that took care of the aftertaste.  Then, I could hardly believe I just put in 20-something grams of protein in that quick!!

By the way, since Monday and getting back to basics (as my above post) I am down 3 pounds!!! Yippee!!  Hope it keeps going down...

Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Mary B.
on 7/14/09 11:16 pm - Southern, MD
Just out of curiosity...how many calories are you getting in every day? Is it just TOO low?

Im losing pretty slowly and going for my 4th fill on Monday. I eat 1/4 of the food I used to eat, so Im not sure what my problem is. I have started working out again, so hopefully that will help too.

I currently have 6.5cc in my 11cc band.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

hart1222
on 7/14/09 11:45 pm
I play co ed softball in the summer and try to play in every tournament they have in the fall, but right im the vice president of the local jaycees chapter and we are gearing up for our annual festival and im stressing alot, plus im a stress eater and this may be why i cant loose the weight, i have lost 2 lbs since the last post.
Most Active