another - is this normal? - question

sillygirl18
on 7/12/09 11:37 pm
I had my band put in on 5/29.  I have had 2 fills - 5cc no real restriction yet.  I am doing well with my exercise - walking every morning and usually a bike ride or another walk at night with my kids.  My energy levels seem to be much better than before the band.  Except - one day a week I feel like I've been run over by a truck.  I'm exhausted to say the least.  I try to go for a walk - its a major effort.  I take a nap because I think it will help - its like it isn't enough.  The next day I'm fine again, and I'm off for another week. 

I've been taking my vitamins.  I get all my protein in.  My iron is low - but its been low for years.  Is this normal for any of you?  Do you find your energy lags for a day?  Any ideas on what it could be?  I hate feeling like a slug!

Thanks!
Sara
sunshine86
on 7/13/09 1:23 am
Next time you see your nutritionist, ask him/her about B12 vitamins. Mine recommends taking them... and I've noticed that I'm much more alert/perky ever since.... WAY more than I ever was when I was drinking caffeine, lol. :)
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

sillygirl18
on 7/13/09 1:50 am
I was wondering about b-12....thanks for the hint.  I'll pop one of the sublinguals right now.
jenjengrins
on 7/13/09 2:03 am - Olathe, KS
This happened to me.  My personal trainer told me to make sure I am getting rest day (or two) in.  Your body is telling you that its time to back off for a minute.  Yesterday< I wanted to go work out but was physically exhausted so I didnt and did it this morning.  Now I feel great!

7.8 cc in a 10 cc band, Started at 378 lbs
Goodbye 300 forever and ever! 07/18/2009

Tummy Tuck August 13, 2010

Most Active