vitamins?

Rachel DiLo
on 7/8/09 8:41 am

what kind of vitamins are you taking? i bought liquid centrum but haven taken any yet. my bff said its gross. i gotta start taking something. any suggestions?

*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

kathkeb
on 7/8/09 9:12 am
I take Centrum chewables -- not bad.

I do not supplement my calcium on the recommendation of my cardiologist (mild case of aortic stenosis).
Kath

janice A.
on 7/8/09 9:54 am - san angelo, TX
Centrum Chewables .. very tangy orange taste like kids vitamins.. tolerable.. need to start taking calcium w/ magnesium 100/50 ratio.  Dont forget your fiber about 25 grams per day for women. i use fiber choice to supplement my intake.

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

kaytiebugs
on 7/8/09 11:09 am - Flowery Branch, GA
Chewable centrum complete tastes about as good as it gets IMO unless you want to start spending a bunch of money on the more expensive brands.
grandbaychick
on 7/9/09 1:58 am - Grand Bay, AL
I also do the centrum chewable.  I take one right before I eat so the taste doesn't linger too long.
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t… You’re right.?  - Henry Ford
Height-5'10 Heaviest-335 Weight at surgery-315 Goal 199 

sunshine86
on 7/9/09 4:22 am
I started taking Flintstones Vitamins because the bottle says one pill = adult serving size.

My nutritionist got a little pissed when I told her though, so I switched to centrum chewables. Not nearly as exciting. *sigh*  
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

CantB2noty
on 7/10/09 1:04 am
I take the following and I am 2 weeks away from banding..

Viactiv chewable multi (chewable chocolate)
Viactive chewable calcium with Vitamin D (chewable chocolate)
Spring Valley sublingual B complex
Spring Valley liquid B12
Spring Valley hair, skin and nails....

I have a VERY underactive thyroid, but this is what I was told to take by my doctor, except for the hair, skin and nail vitamin..  I have really dry skin, hair and nails naturally so I will need all the help I can get post-op.  I am also starting to use Nioxin in an feeble attempt to minimize hair loss....  I got all of these vitamins at WalMart for about $40, its about 2 months worth of vitamins...
on 7/11/09 12:49 am
I have been taking Centrum chewables (Silver don't need the iron), chewable Os-Cal and just started SL B-12 (got them at Costco) also take Voots (veggie/fruit) also a Costco find. I really try to eat enough veggies but I know I fall short!

Had a D deficiency did two round of Rx D. Gonna have it checked again soon.

No matter what you choose TAKE THEM! I put them in a weekly pill box that I way I can track it better.  

DEVOFR
on 7/12/09 9:42 am
I take 2 Flintstones a day, one at nite and one in the morning. The Centrum chewables seemed to grow in my mouth as I chewed them.
jenjengrins
on 7/13/09 2:07 am - Olathe, KS
I take generic brand children's chewable vitamin.  I dont do calcium supliments because it made me constipated and the doctor took me off of them.

7.8 cc in a 10 cc band, Started at 378 lbs
Goodbye 300 forever and ever! 07/18/2009

Tummy Tuck August 13, 2010

Most Active