Intro (also posted on WA board)

jennay
on 7/8/09 2:23 am
Hello everyone! Just wanted to finally come out of the shadows (I've been lurking and learning since early this spring...) and introduce myself. My name is Jenny and I'll be having sugery on July 13- yep MONDAY...yay!

I am 33 years old, and have been overweight my entire life. I have a great boyfriend who has been with me through a lot of gaining and loosing. We live in Marysville. We are both animal lovers and have dogs, cats, 2 pygmy goats and a mini donkey. Dave restores hot rods and classic cars for a living and I am a school counselor. I am excited about my surgery (realize band) and what the future will bring. My surgeon is Dr. Billing with Puget Sound Surgical Center in Edmonds Washington. I have been doing lots and lots of research and this site has been very helpful.

I'm looking forward to being a more active participant once I have my band... thanks for listening!

linda221
on 7/8/09 4:31 am
Hi Jenny,

Welcome. You'll do just great. I had my realize band done on May 28 and absolutely love it. I'm going for my first fill this Friday. Just think of this as a journey...one well worth traveling. Keep us posted.

Linda        

bandaide09
on 7/8/09 5:10 am, edited 7/8/09 5:11 am

I, too, would like to introduce myself.  I did not find this website until a few weeks ago and have been reading and learning.  I had my band on April 22nd.  After the first week, when I was so bloated feeling I couldn't eat or hardly drink and became very weak, I have felt better and better every day.  It is true the band is a tool.  I often feel like my mouth wants something to eat even though my stomach doesn't.  I try to stay busy and get my mind off of it or just drink noncaloric drink instead.  I started going to the gym and exercising in January when I retired and I believe that has helped my a great deal.  I have been a yo-yo dieter all my life.  I have been on every diet and spent thousands of dollars losing weight only to gain back more than ever.  I hope that roller coaster ride is over because of the aid of my band.  I hope I can be a help to others as well as receiving help myself.  Thanks.

HW: 243  SW: 226  CW: 160   GW: 150 

Most Active