Aggressive Refill Amount Question

Carolen
on 7/7/09 11:54 am - Cincinnati, OH
Question:
How aggressive are your fill amounts?  I will start having my Realize band refilled after a pregnancy.  I know my restriction will not start until 7.5 to 8cc's.  What is the largest amount of fill you have ever recieved at one time?

sunshine86
on 7/7/09 3:03 pm
Not sure if I'm any help..... I just had my first fill today....

He put in 4cc's. 

I FINALLY feel some restriction.... I hope it stays this way for a while, lol 
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

Ashley A.
on 7/7/09 4:43 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12
My 1st fill was 4 cc's my surgeon said with the realize they usually do a pretty large one at 1st then after that its 1-2 cc's per fill. I hope this helps.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Tom C.
on 7/7/09 10:38 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

I think it all depends how your Doctor does the fills. Fluoroscope gives a true gauge then if the Doctor does it "blind".

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
wildheart63
on 7/8/09 1:45 am - IL
my first fill was 3.3cc i have had 4 fills and am at 8cc and i have great-perfect -sweet spot restriction.....it all depends on the person....everyone is different. some will feel restriction at 5cc,i did  but as i lost weight i needed more to get to the right spot.
you'll know!
restriction is strange, you can have restriction today and tomorrow after a fill and then feel wide open.....then a fill can take a few days to kick in.....that is why you never get a fill on a friday if your close to the sweet spot...cuz if your doc is closed on the weekend...not good!
lori

staycwynn
on 7/9/09 11:23 am - wrightsville, GA
I've had two fills the first was 5cc and teh next 3cc for 8cc and i still have not hit the sweet spot.
rosebud1957
on 7/9/09 12:46 pm
My first fill was 5cc then 2cc 1cc 1cc .5cc      9.5 total     Still no ristriction
Im getting frustrated after 6 mths

rosebud1957

Carolen
on 7/12/09 2:08 am - Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Tom was my surgeon as well.  He took my original fills up cautiouslly.  You'll get there, just hang tight.  Soon, you will be feeling the restriction.

rosebud1957
on 7/12/09 9:27 am
Thanks Carolen, Just a small comment can make a BIG difference!    Rosie

rosebud1957

Carolen
on 7/10/09 3:22 am - Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for all the replies.  It really helped me gauge what my plan should be for refilling my band.  I ended up getting 2cc's, so now I am up to 7cc's.  I will get another in 4 weeks, so I feel confident I will be back up to my sweet spot in no time.
Thanks!
Carolen

Most Active