2 week diet before surgery?

Lottie303
on 7/8/09 2:29 pm, edited 7/9/09 1:06 pm
Just wondering if there is anyone out there that wasn't so strict on it? Or were ya'll strict all the way....I have cheated...Will it hurt me to have cheated?...I have already lost 11lbs and I had lost that yesterday and that was my forth day...Please be honest and let me know...Thanks so much!
Shannon

All I am wanting to know is, if it will cause me to die during surgery due to eating something I shouldn't have?  Please help me I know this might sound stupid but I am worried!!  I am trying really hard!!
          "Live each moment as tho you may not have another!!!"

Ashley A.
on 7/8/09 2:53 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 06/27/12

My doctor required a 10 day pre-op diet for liver shrinkage. I was good the 1st day then started eating like crap again..I tried to follow it pretty strictly for the last couple of days just so I didn't feel so guilty. Overall I probably followed it 50% of the time if that..lol.. My surgery was right before thanksgiving so of course I was eating worse than I did on a normal basis for a couple days there...I honestly don't know if I lost any weight on the pre-op because they didn't weigh me before surgery. I think a lot of people end up cheating on their pre-ops, I think I just went into shock thinking I was never going to eat food again, however that wasn't the case. lol. Congrats on the surgery! I hope this helps.

Realize Band-12.1.08 Revision to VSG-6.27.12

Lottie303
on 7/8/09 4:39 pm
Thanks so much this has helped alot!!  I just don't want it to hurt me when I go for surgery, you know be bad or something...Thanks again and God Bless You!!  Shannon
          "Live each moment as tho you may not have another!!!"

skelly
on 7/9/09 10:54 am - Garland, TX
REALIZE Band on 05/04/09 with

The pre-op diet was important to my doctor.  I was weighed before my surgery and my doctor came in before the surgery and specifically asked me if I had done the diet and how much weight I had lost.  Since it is done specifically as a safety measure, I certainly wouldn't consider it optional.

It is really good that you have already lost 11 pounds.  If I were you, I'd do my very best to keep following the diet from here on out.

bandaide09
on 7/9/09 12:09 pm
I stayed on a 15 carb diet per meal for about 5 weeks before my surgery to reduce my liver.  I was very strict and lost about 12 pounds.  I was afraid not to because my doctor said that if he got in there and the liver was too big to do the surgery he'd just close you up.  After I had my surgery he said my liver looked great. 

HW: 243  SW: 226  CW: 160   GW: 150 

conniec711
on 7/9/09 2:48 pm - Brooklyn, NY
I slipped here and there but for the most part I am following the surgeon's instructions.  My surgery is 7/15 and the closer it gets the more strick I am....They want to make sure that the liver shrinks enough so that the surgery goes quickly and easily.  You should be fine as long as you didn't over do it but I would definitely follow the exact instructions from here on out...it will only benefit you.

Good luck

Connie

Most Active