First Fill Today..... **Read this if you're nervous about your first fill!!!*

sunshine86
on 7/8/09 4:18 am
I'm glad!! I remember feeling the EXACT same way. I didn't even let myself think about the fills pre-op..... I figured the surgery itself was enough to worry about.... and I'd deal with fills when the time came, LOL.

I'm still on cloud 9..... can't believe how quick & painless it was. You'll do great!!! 
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

msd_2472
on 7/10/09 2:23 am
I had my surgery 6/9 and I don't go back unitl 8/3.  Has anyone else had to wait that long?  Before you had your fill, did you feel any restriction?  I have been eating solid foods and watching my carbs.  I don't eat as much but I haven't felt any restriction since about a week after surgery.  I'm glad to know the fills aren't painful.

Good Luck!!

bandaide09
on 7/10/09 3:20 am

About a week after my surgery I started feeling hungry and really had to use willpower.  I had my first fill at 4 weeks.  It helped some but not as much as I expected.  The second fill did the trick.  Hang in there.  It gets better.  Good luck.

HW: 243  SW: 226  CW: 160   GW: 150 

over50woman1
on 7/12/09 1:04 pm
Hi Heidi - I watched this also on You Tube and it made my hair stand up.  I meet with my surgeon on the 23rd and hope to be banded soon.  I am also nervous about surgery as I haven't been in  the hosp. since my tubal 29 years agoe.  I am 55.  Thanks for the info.

Margie

sunshine86
on 7/13/09 1:17 am
You'll do great!!!! One thing I learned the hard way..... DO NO****CH YOUTUBE VIDEOS!!!! 

I watched a video of the banding surgery..... and it freaked me out for about a week. DON'T DO IT!!! LOL. I also made the mistake of watching a fill. They both look SO MUCH WORSE than they actually are!!!!!!!

Despite being the most invasive, I think this was actually the easiest surgery I've ever had in terms of recovery/comfort/etc. Compared to a surgery I had when I was 14 for a broken leg.... this was a walk in the park!! :)

Don't be nervous..... you'll do great!!!!!!!
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

Most Active