hairloss

over50woman1
on 7/3/09 11:29 am
 Do banders lose their hair?

Margie

skelly
on 7/3/09 11:47 pm - Garland, TX
REALIZE Band on 05/04/09 with
I think some do, but I have not.  Thank goodness!  I don't have luxurious hair to begin with!

wildheart63
on 7/4/09 6:50 am - IL
yes they do...i have not but when i was having a hard time getting my 60 to 80 grams of protein in ,i did notice a few stands in the brush(never before) i spoke to the dr and he said make sure you are getting your protein in ,that will stop ! so now i make sure and even throw in a protein shake to make sure
lori

Tooty
on 7/5/09 11:21 pm - Germantown, TN
Guess I need to up my protein too.  My hair has been falling out.  In the shower I can get a handful, lucky for me I have a ton of hair, but it has been getting thinner.

Also, I have been stalled so maybe drinking more protein will help in that area....I am only down 18 pounds and was banded on 3/31...

I am feeling very frustrated right now....
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/09 11:15 pm
I started taking Biotin about a month ago.  My hair loss has been crazy.  I big bunch in the shower and then another when I comb my hair out after.  I think the Biotin helps.  It seems to have cut the loss in half..... certainly worth a try - Dr. says it won't hurt.
trudyjo
on 7/6/09 12:27 am - Temecula, CA
Hairloss is a response to both surgery, and rapid weight loss.  Making sure you get your protein in will help.  Also, many people swear that by taking silica and biotin, they do not loose their hair.

What you need to know is that it isn't permanent - most hair loss starts at 2-3 months post surgery, and by 7-9 months stops and begins to reverse as your body stabilizes. 

Make sure you eat right, take your vitamins, and get the rest you need - you will be fine.

Most Active