chest pain?

Rachel DiLo
on 7/1/09 5:05 pm
im having some pressure/tighness/pain in my chest above the top incision to the leftish. i called the doc today but my nurse wasnt in. ill call again tomorrow. it kicks in around 8 or 9 at night and bothers the hell outa me all night while i attempt to sleep. i finally drag myself out of bed around 10 or 11, still tired, because the pain is soooo bad. especially when i take a deep breath. so i get up and a couple of hours later it subsides. but what is it?? its no bueno
*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

Tom C.
on 7/2/09 1:02 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Frig getting a call back - go to the hospital ASAP .. You don't want to joke around with something like that - they may tell you it's stress or gas (especially if you are newly banded) - but don't chance it.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
grandbaychick
on 7/2/09 4:32 am - Grand Bay, AL
I had a similar pain in that area and thought it was my port.  It turned out that it was not my port...my port wasn't even in that area.  LOL
It felt like I pulled a muscle but it went away on it's own after a few days.  I hope yours does the same!
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t… You’re right.?  - Henry Ford
Height-5'10 Heaviest-335 Weight at surgery-315 Goal 199 

ucm99
on 7/2/09 5:33 am
I had my surgery on monday morning, and the last few nights I have had the same pain you are talking about, I believe it is from where the band and the liver meet its just tender try sleeping in a chair that reclines you will get relief also with a xanax, I also took a pain pill and was able to get about 6 hrs of sleep the first night and 7 the last two nights.  Good luck
RickyD
on 7/2/09 11:14 am - Elizabethtown, KY
I have had the same pain, I felt great when I came home from the hospital. But when I lay down I get that pain as well. I thinks it due to the gas they feel you with during surgery. If you have a incentive spirometer use it, long deep breath will help get rid of this gas and your pain. I couldn't sleep my 1st night home and my Cpap machine made it even worst.

What is everyone eating for their 1st few days? I was able to eat a scrambled egg this morning (4thday)
ucm99
on 7/3/09 9:06 am
I haven't ate anything just protein shakes and water, broth's, my doc told me to stick with fluids for atleast the first 2 weeks post surgery to allow fo a good complete healing. so i'm gonna stick to that advise.
wildheart63
on 7/2/09 7:21 am - IL
Are you eating close to bed time? i have found that if i eat within 2 hours of bed time i am in some discomfort !  it's because the food doesn;t have time to travel thru the band.
good luck and get some sleep!
lori

wendybburke
on 7/4/09 2:28 pm
I was banded a year a half ago and had the same issuse( this is a little personal I apologize) it donned on me that being large chested that imight need a little extra support while sleeping for a few weeks s o my absoluteluy wonderful husband stumbled off to Walmart@ 2 in the morning and bought me 2 sports bras it also helped reclining on my couch and using the arm of the couch as support for my back.

I definitely definitely would have it checked out immediately by a doctor or hospital though a small chest pain is not worth losing your life i would rather look silly going to the doc than something horrendous happen god luck and god bless
Most Active