An Official Introduction!

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/09 10:53 am - Baltimore, MD
Hello fellow realizers!  This the real deal!!  I have posted a few times but never really did give you any information about myself so wanted to send out an introduction

Here are my stats:
5'
206 highest weight ever 01/08
Went to more than one surgeon before choosing the one that did my procedure
39 BMI
199 06/12/09
188 07/01/09
I was banded 6/25/2009 - the day Michael Jackson died
5 incisions
Hiatel Hernia Repair
I did not do a pre op diet
Insurance paid after 6 mo supervised diet (i was already doing this at the Joslin Diabetes Center prior to even thinking of the lap band and was also going to weigh****chers - so it was easier to provide the documentation for me than others), Letters of Recommendations from PCP & and in my case, my diabetiologist who was extremely supportive of me, I had to a go to a couple appointments to see my surgeon, see a psychiatrist, see an additioanal nutrition, and go to a couple seminars. Plus, show a 5 year weight history, proof of type 2 diabetes, proof of sleep apnea, & several boold tests/choloestoral results

Married to a great man who was once very heavy but lost at least 100lbs in his 20's so he totally understands weigh issues - we have know each other 12 yrs, been together 10 yrs, and married 4 yrs.  No kids.  2 Cats.  We live in Baltimore City.

I am a Medical Library at a local university and am basically the School of Social Works librarian so I have approx 1000 people I serve as a librarian.  I truly love my job. 

I was born and raised in Pratt Kansas.  Moved to Tulsa at 19, the to Port Aransas Texas, then to Topeka Kansas, then to Portland Oregon, then to Kansas City Kansas, then Emporia Kansas, then back to Kansas City Missouri, then landed in Baltimore MD and love it here!

I love to travel, be the center of attention, take care of others, listen to music, socialize, and help others to be happy. 

I am SO READY TO DO THIS -- ready to look the way I feel in my mind!! ready to not be dependent on medication!  actually I have a list of 100+ reasons why i want this!!!!!!

<3 Anna

Mary B.
on 7/2/09 12:12 am - Southern, MD

Hey Anna!

Welcome to the loser's bench...theres lots of room for you. Good luck on your journey!

Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Tom C.
on 7/2/09 1:04 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Anna,

I too welcome you to our every expanding constantly diminishing family !! Remember we’re here for you whenever you need.

And also don’t forget, the loser’s bench is in the winners circle !! So we’re waiting for ya !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
mclaprade1015
on 7/2/09 2:30 am - Westhampton, MA
Welcome!  I am pretty new also.  My first appointment with the surgeon is July 14.  Good luck with your journey!

50 lbs lost pre-op-the rest is post op.

The best changes often start as a single, simple thought. Think big, and discover the ways to make your dreams real. CheryL

grandbaychick
on 7/2/09 4:28 am - Grand Bay, AL
Welcome Anna & Cheryl!
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t… You’re right.?  - Henry Ford
Height-5'10 Heaviest-335 Weight at surgery-315 Goal 199 

Most Active