Pre-op diet

lesamay
on 6/27/09 10:34 pm - Ellsworth, ME
I have my surgery date coming up.  It was actually scheduled on short notice so this is day 3 of a 12 day pre-op diet.  I am not doing well.  I've had haddock, chicken soup and two pieces of string cheese (one each day).  I'm down a pound and a half but this liquid diet is the work of the devil.

Yesterday I had
Yogurt with protein powder
Hot tea with splenda no cream
Lunch was homemade cream of potato soup - skim milk, half a potato and unjury chicken flavor - didn't strain it though
Yogurt for a snack
SF popsicle
SPecial K2O protein drink
Chicken soup for supper
The bad thing..last night I was nauseous so I had 3 saltines.

The list says I can have homemade custard as long as it's made with splenda...so I made a pumpkin custard for today (pumpkin pie without the crust). 

Any suggestions.....

Starting weight 248/   Day of Surgery   218.4    / Current 210/ Goal 145  
6.8 CC'S IN A 11 CC BAND  
Rachel DiLo
on 6/28/09 2:33 pm
i would have to say that your only 3 days in and u still have a chance to really stick to it. i lost 12lbs on my 12 day pre op diet, but i could only have protien shakes and bars. someone told me a bite of something here and there wont hurt, but the stricter you are the better. what got me thru it was telling myself "if  i can do it now, later will be a sinch". your on the right track!! hope all goes well. you CAN do it!
*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

sunshine86
on 6/29/09 6:48 am
I won't lie, it sucks.... but it'll get easier as your body adjusts to less food. Just keep reminding yourself... it's only temporary!!! Plus, once you start dropping a few more pounds, you'll feel a little more motivated. :)

My only advice is to really keep an eye on your sodium intake if you have high blood pressure. Especially with soup broth!!! It made my blood pressure sky-rocket to like 160/105..... and it was miserable!!!!

Try places like Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, etc.... a lot of them have healthier, organic, low-sodium soups. :)

Good luck to you!!!
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

Most Active