Just signed up

Tanis
on 6/28/09 4:24 am
As you can see from the title I just signed up to the forum, I wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I have been reading the forum post's for some time learning all I could before making a decision about banding/weight-loss surgery, all the information posted in the forums has been a great help in understanding the process and in determining the type of surgery I want to get, Thank you so much for all your stories about the struggles and triumphs that you all have shared with each other this was the biggest reason I chose this board to sign up with as you all are so nice and helpful when it comes to the new people who are just starting out not to mention the constant encouragement you give each other when times get tough, as you have probably guessed by this post I am going for the Realize band.

I have a surgery date of August 3rd 2009 at St. Francis hospital in Tulsa Ok. Dr. Fisher will be doing the surgery, I start my liquid diet on July 29Th with one day of clear liquids the day before. so as you can see I'm just about to start my journey and I look forward to sharing it with the forum and eventually as I gain first hand experience of being banded will be able to help others as they start theirs and contribute to the community and inspire others as the forum has inspired me to start my new adventure. Thanks
frcmac
on 6/28/09 4:42 am - Abilene, TX
Good luck and welcom

faye
Mary B.
on 6/29/09 12:22 am - Southern, MD
Hi...Welcome!

The time will fly by until your surgery...It seemed like itt was never gonna happen. Now Im 4 months post op. Cant believe that.

We'll make room on the loser's bench for you. Keep reading the boards. Check out the lap band board too, its usually pretty busy.

Good Luck!
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Tom C.
on 6/29/09 6:20 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hey Tanis !!

Welcome to our increasing decreasing Family. I will be saving you a seat on the loser's bench in the winners circle !!

Know we're here for you !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
over50woman1
on 6/29/09 2:25 pm

Welcome to the boards, Tanis!  Read the posts.  They've helped me immensely.  You're a step ahead of me.  I only meet with my surgeon on July 23.  Good luck.  I'll be trailing behind.  Margie

Margie

grandbaychick
on 6/30/09 5:13 am - Grand Bay, AL
Welcome Tanis!!  I'll be scooting over for you on the loser's bench soon!
“Whether you think you can or think you can’t… You’re right.?  - Henry Ford
Height-5'10 Heaviest-335 Weight at surgery-315 Goal 199 

Tanis
on 6/30/09 10:04 am
Thanks for all the replies I do look forward to hanging around sharing stories with the group.
Most Active