Honest????

over50woman1
on 6/25/09 4:03 pm
Can everyone say this is the best thing they could've done for themselves?  It seems like it consumes your life. - - Consult with my Doc on 7/23

Margie

linda221
on 6/25/09 9:41 pm
I've only had my band for 1 month, but I would do it over again in a heartbeat. I'm not saying it's an easy journey, but one well worth traveling. You have to know in your head that this is a lifestyle change and be willing to make the commitment. I think the hardest part was the first two weeks staying on clear liquids, then full liquids. I did have some trouble with that, but now I'm finished with pureed food today and onto soft foods. I have my appointment in two weeks for my first fill. It's a slow process, but slow and steady wins the race. Good luck with your decision.

Linda        

Tom C.
on 6/25/09 10:28 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Let's see .. Down almost 175 pounds in 18 months. Off meds. Regained confidence. Regained going to places, and seeing friends. Dating. Loving life again. No more "naps during the day". I would say a big HELL YES this was the best thing I did for ME!!

And you are correct it DOES CONSUME my life. But so did being fat, and eating out of control. It was sad to think I would wake up thinking what I was going to eat during the day, and go to bed thinking what I will eat the next day. Now I wake up and think what I will do today, and go to bed thinking what I will do tomorrow - and food isn't in the picture (unless of course I am doing a BBQ or meeting family/friends for dinner).

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
knailnhair
on 6/25/09 11:00 pm - Milford, NJ
I say a big YES also!!!! I'm 5 weeks out and would do it all over again....love not being stuffed and bloated!!! Love having baggy clothes, more energy, no more naps during the day...in fact I'm having trouble sleeping because I have so much energy!!!!

I love my band and will do my best to lose all this extra tissue!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Livewell
on 6/25/09 11:20 pm - Chatham, NJ
Margie,

I would absolutely say that getting the band is one of the best things that I have done for myself.  However, it is not so much because of the surgery itself, but because of the way in which I have completely changed my lifestyle for the better as a result of the surgery.  If you go into this relying solely on the band for weightloss, I fear that you will be disappointed in how much work it is on your part.

As far as "it" consuming your life, it really depends on what you mean by that.  I have worked out really hard the past 6 months to change how my body looks and, yes, that has taken up a lot of time but I wouldn't change it for the world.  I have also thought really hard about what I eat, but now it is all second nature and I really enjoy eating healthy, natural foods.

Don't look at it as weightloss, but rather as getting your body healthy and you will be more than thankful for the decision that you made.  Best of luck to you.

over50woman1
on 6/26/09 3:16 am

Thanks all for your input.  I am just scared.

Margie

Tom C.
on 6/26/09 3:34 am, edited 6/26/09 3:36 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Scared is natural !! And don't worry .. remember you have a bunch of folks here who are willing to help in any way then can .. and if they're not, well I am !!

Good luck !! and know we're here for you !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
PSJ71
on 6/26/09 7:25 am - Blanchard, OK
Tom! That is amazing, 175 pounds in 18 months?! I am so looking forward to my band I start my preop diet tomorrow!!
  Starting WT:  275   Surgery Wt:  248.8   Current Wt: 202.5 Goal:  140

kathkeb
on 6/26/09 7:27 am
Absolutely would do it again, BUT -- for the first 10 days or so, it did consume my life.

It felt like a part-time (or full-time) job to get enough protein and fluids -- but that has become second nature now.

My house has lots of different foods I can reach for and my life is back to its normal schedule.

Good luck with your consult!
Kath

sunshine86
on 6/29/09 6:53 am
I'm only three weeks out.... but I would DEFINITELY do it again in a heartbeat.

As silly as it may sound, the band has forced me to make a lot of changes in my life... and they have all been for the better. I'm now conscious of nutrition and what I put into my body.... I'm learning to cope with stress in healthier ways than I previously did... and I'm already noticing improvements in my body.

I've already noticed a huuuge increase in flexibility, I cannot believe what a difference even 27lbs has made!!! I still have a long way to go, but I can't wait!! :)

Good luck to you!!!!!
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

Most Active