The night before surgery

tgrar
on 6/24/09 10:03 am
Well this night has finally come. I was on a clear liquid diet today and one thing the nurse told me at pat was not to forget to drink maybe even up until midnight and that way you won't become dehydrated. Well a week ago I had surgery and they said no eating or drinking after midnight. I had my last drink at 11:50 pm and I was not thirsty at all until after surgery so I plan on doing the same thing because I don't want to be thirsty tomorrow morning at 4:45 am  
April1013
on 6/24/09 11:03 am - West Bloomfield, MI
Wow, time has flown by!  Yours is tomorrow and I am 5 days.  I wish you luck!  I know everything will work out fine. :) 
tgrar
on 6/24/09 12:18 pm
Thanks I hope I can sleep tonight,350 am comes awfull early
mclaprade1015
on 6/24/09 9:08 pm - Westhampton, MA
Good luck!  I will say a prayer for  you.

50 lbs lost pre-op-the rest is post op.

The best changes often start as a single, simple thought. Think big, and discover the ways to make your dreams real. CheryL

tgrar
on 6/26/09 5:31 am
Thanks for your prayers, I always need them. Add me as a friend and you can see the ugly naked  truth....Terry  
sillygirl18
on 6/24/09 11:34 pm
Good luck and be well!
As for being dehydrated - they won't let it happen to you.  I would drink up until bed time (midnight being the latest)  The anesthiologist doesn't want you to have anything in your stomach so you won't get sick on him.  They'll give you an IV with fluids at the hospital.  You'll be fine :)
conniec711
on 6/27/09 12:46 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Good Luck...I start my liquid diet in 4 days for two weeks and the big day is 7/15...

Most Active