Pescetarians & WLS

AJ1976
on 6/23/09 1:56 pm - columbia, SC
Hello. I am in the process of doing all of my paperwork to have WLS. I am at odds between the Realize band & RNY.  I am a Pescetarian; meaning I don't eat any meats except fish & seafood.  Further proving that not all vegetarians are semi-vegetarians are skinny people.  I was wondering if there are any other pescetarians or vegetarians on the board and if so, did you have any issues getting your vitamins & proteins in?  I know that RNY has a higher risk of malnutrition if you do not get in the right amount of proteins and the sorts.  Thanks in advance!

~ AJ
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/09 11:48 pm - Farmervile, LA
I am not a Pescetarian or Vegetarian, but I did want to let you know that I have the Realize band and get all of my protein from tilapia, salmon, tuna, flounder and other fish. I have yet to eat a piece of chicken, and they suggest you don't try steak anyway. So, if you're worried about the loss of nutrition with RNY, maybe the Realize band would be a good alternative for you. I have no problem getting adequate protein daily, but even if I did, I will just add a protein shake in for good measures and still be OK. Good luck on your decision!
AJ1976
on 6/24/09 12:15 pm - columbia, SC
Thank u so much lady!
Most Active