pain on the right side of my stomach?

Rachel DiLo
on 6/23/09 9:50 am

so...i know im only 6 days out of surgery, but the pain where i believe the port is just wont go away. i mean its not unbearable, the pain for the most part has been minimal. but i finished my roxicet today and got liquid tylenol. i called my dr's office to see how much i should take and they said half the normal dose, and if i didnt have pain not to take any. so should i not be in pain anymore? think something is wrong? i been up and walking and stuff. been drinking plenty of water...slacking on  the stupid isopure tho lol i go onto full liquids tomorrow though and see my dr friday. overall i think im doing pretty good though!!

*~*RacheL*~*

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."

kathkeb
on 6/23/09 10:34 am
the incision I had that is to the left of my port was the most painful. (left of my belly button)

my post-op instructions say that 'there is a suture deep in the muscle'  in that incision -- maybe yours is on the other side ---

but 1 of my incisions was definitely more painful than the others --- I am almost 3 weeks out and that one still is a little 'tender' especially when I sleep on that side.

I took Liquid Tylenol at night time for the first 2 weeks --- about 30 minutes to 1 hour before I wanted to fall asleep -- it just seemed to take the edge off of that pain.
Kath

Rachel DiLo
on 6/23/09 11:47 am
hmmm....the pain is right between the two incisions on the right of my belly button. did you take a full dose of tylenol? i took half a dose and it didnt do squat.  im thinking the next dose i might just go ahead and take a full dose. i can even feel a bump..its not very noticeable but its def there. im starting to worry.
*~*RacheL*~*

kathkeb
on 6/23/09 1:35 pm
Oh, yeah, i took the full dose of Tylenol.

I once had a doctor tell me that over-the-counter meds are formulated for the 'average' adult -- being about 175 pound average --- so I could take 1 1/2 doses based on my weight.

I do not do that -- but I do take a full adult dose.

Call your doc's office tomorrow and ask about it --- make sure it is normal.
Kath

sunshine86
on 6/24/09 2:22 am
I had the exact same pain you're describing for the first week or so after surgery. Right between the big incision and the little one, where they placed the port. The tylenol didn't do jack for me either.

I was told that it's pretty normal. Eventually the pain will "dull" a little bit.... and you might feel like you got punched in the gut..... a little tender. I know it sucks, but it gets easier!!!!!!
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

Rachel DiLo
on 6/24/09 5:33 am, edited 6/24/09 5:34 am
well after being up alllll  night i called the doc and they prescribed me some more pain meds. theyre pills though, hope they go down and sit well. they said it should hold me over until friday when i see the doctor.
*~*RacheL*~*

Paulette L.
on 6/29/09 7:08 am
HI,
Just wanted to let you know I am about 3 weeks out and had the pain you described but didnt take meds for it (wasnt TOO bad). But now three weeks later...hardly feel the pain any more .....so this too shall pass try not to worry to much. See if each of the next three days it gets better...if not call the dr again. Mine got worse for a week (I was moving around more by week 2) and better week 3.
Good luck
Paulette

(start wt. 210, current 186, goal 150) Surgery Date: 6/10, Doctor Katz, PA

Most Active