Well this is strange...

sunshine86
on 6/23/09 8:21 am
Forgive me if this is a dumb question....

But has anyone else experience sensitive teeth after surgery?

For some reason, the bottom row of my front teeth has been REALLY sensitive today. I had a dentist appointment last week and they didn't do anything weird...... and they said I didn't have any cavities.

Does this just sound like a personal problem? Or has anyone else experienced this?
HW: 243lbs   SW: 222lbs  CW: 198lbs GW: 140lbs
                                              I'm just a hair under 5'1.
                                     12/1/2009- Third Fill, 7cc in a 11cc band
                                     11/3/2009- Finally under 200lbs!!! YAY!!

katie20657
on 6/23/09 10:52 am
I too have found my teeth to be really sensitive.  I have been getting in all of my fluids and protein but maybe there is something else we are missing.  I am taking my multi and calcium, how about you?  Hopefully it will go away soon.  Maybe it is just until our bodies get used to the band and loosing.  Happy brushing though. 

MissRachel
on 6/25/09 3:51 am
Although I'm pre-op on my band (surgery date 7/10 - yay!) - I had my gall bladder removed on 5/1/09.  I've had terribly sensitive teeth since then.  I also went to the dentist and thought I had a problem but there were no cavities, etc.  I had a full hysterectomy in 2005 and also had teeth sensitivity for a long time after that.  My dentist said both times that maybe I was stressed and clenching my jaw more (sorta like TMJ). He made me a night guard to sleep with and it helped then and is helping now. 

I don't know if there is any link to the band surgery for you or maybe it's a link to surgery in general.  Interesting!

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/09 6:44 am - Baltimore, MD
My teeth are fine but I have been having some issues with blurry vision  - will wait til I am completely off the pain meds as that may be the culprit but if not better by then I will go see my PCP ( thats what my surgeon told me to do)
Most Active